Cruise Friendly Scuba Operations

borg1of2

Hi,

I posted this on the Cozumel board and thought I would post here as well.

My DW and I are looking at doing a short cruise down to Cozumel and we'd like to get in 2 - 2 Tank dives on the day we are in Cozumel. The ship is there from 7 AM to 7 PM, so to me it seems like plenty of time to get in an AM 2 Tank dive and then a PM 2 Tank dive. However I don't really want to do it through the cruise ship and would like to find a dive operation that I can easily get to and has the flexibility we are looking for with our dives. I've read that some of the good dive operations don't offer to cruise ship passengers and was curious as to why.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Scott

Dive shops I"ve seen regularily recommended here are divewithallison & blue xt sea diving. I tried to book through these both were full for my date. Allison recommended scubawithtony and that is who I contacted. He promptly emailed back and over a few quick emails arranged a private charter for our group of 4. Haven't been there yet so I can't say what it will be like but the response to emails, etc was excellent.

Hi,

I posted this on the Cozumel board and thought I would post here as well.

My DW and I are looking at doing a short cruise down to Cozumel and we'd like to get in 2 - 2 Tank dives on the day we are in Cozumel. The ship is there from 7 AM to 7 PM, so to me it seems like plenty of time to get in an AM 2 Tank dive and then a PM 2 Tank dive. However I don't really want to do it through the cruise ship and would like to find a dive operation that I can easily get to and has the flexibility we are looking for with our dives. I've read that some of the good dive operations don't offer to cruise ship passengers and was curious as to why.

It usually is because of scheduling. Most cruise ships don't arrive early enough for the cruisers to disembark in time to make the morning dive boat if there are also land based divers going out. The usually dive boat departure time is by 8:00 AM.

Archived