Tampa - no hotels on Jan. 30th - any ideas?

LanaJae

We need a hotel the night of Jan. 30th and I can't find anything.

Does anyone know of any no-name hotels or any other source to check?

We are open to ANY ideas, flight arrives 10 pm, don't know if we could handle 12 hrs. hanging out at the airport.

You're probably not going to have any luck in Tampa that date with the Super Bowl on the 1st. All the hotels anywhere around are booked solid and/or have minimum night stays.

We are total idiots, we were debating between a Tampa cruise and one out of San Diego and I checked hotels in San Diego, but booked Tampa.

We are total idiots, we were debating between a Tampa cruise and one out of San Diego and I checked hotels in San Diego, but booked Tampa.

You aren't an idiot. Things like this don't occur to most of us. I know in 2007 a lot of people didn't think before booking cruises out of South Florida Super Bowl weekend - they ended up having to cancel or get hotels in places like Orlando.

Try Crown Plaza Tampa East @ 877-227-6963. They just might have something. This is in East Tampa or actually in Brandon.

Crowne Plaza Hotel

TAMPA EAST

10221 PRINCESS PALM AVENUE

TAMPA, FL 33610 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-813-6236363 | Hotel Fax: 1-813-6217224

No availability - thanks much though. It looked familiar, I've been at this since morning.

I found a Master's Inn on MLK near fairgrounds for $142 with no allowed cancellation. Read reviews on several sites and people said it's dangerous/horrible.

You aren't an idiot. Things like this don't occur to most of us. I know in 2007 a lot of people didn't think before booking cruises out of South Florida Super Bowl weekend - they ended up having to cancel or get hotels in places like Orlando.

We might end up in a 24 hr. Walmart. I am really kicking myself hard.

Thanks Mark, I've checked online and then called each location with no luck. As of right now, the closest 2 hotels are Master's Inn near the fairgrounds for $142 and Econolodge near Busch Gardens for $250. Both are considered really bad/unsafe. I filled out a webform for another place that doesn't do instant reservations and I'm hoping/praying we get in. They don't answer the phone, so not looking too hopeful.

Did you try Quality Inn and Suites on Expedia in Zephyrhills? Its 38.5 miles from Tampa airport but rates not bad for one night considering the SuperBowl is there and they do have a room available. Problem is how to get you there and back to the port in the morning as I'm not seeing any rental cars available.

Are you on a rollcall for your cruise? Always a possiblity someone else is staying there or nearby that could share a ride with you at least to the port in the morning????

Go to Priceline, bid $100 for a 3 star hotel, Rocky Point, Westshore, downtown Ybor City and Brandon areas. If they accept, that price for a 3 star is a good deal for that dat. You can raise your price in increments till you get what you need, or you hit your budget limit.

Mark

Did you try Quality Inn and Suites on Expedia in Zephyrhills? Its 38.5 miles from Tampa airport but rates not bad for one night considering the SuperBowl is there and they do have a room available. Problem is how to get you there and back to the port in the morning as I'm not seeing any rental cars available.

Are you on a rollcall for your cruise? Always a possiblity someone else is staying there or nearby that could share a ride with you at least to the port in the morning????

I'm on the roll call, but there are only 2 of us for this cruise so far.

Both Quality Inn and Microtel are available in Zephyrhills still for $150-160, but the problem is a rental car. We're arriving late so it's probably be close to 1 am by the time we got there, that idea is looking like $300+ for about 10 hours if we could get a car.

Go to Priceline, bid $100 for a 3 star hotel, Rocky Point, Westshore, downtown Ybor City and Brandon areas. If they accept, that price for a 3 star is a good deal for that dat. You can raise your price in increments till you get what you need, or you hit your budget limit.

Mark

Thanks - I went up to $251 and down to 2 star and there's nothing :(

I'm on the roll call, but there are only 2 of us for this cruise so far.

Both Quality Inn and Microtel are available in Zephyrhills still for $150-160, but the problem is a rental car. We're arriving late so it's probably be close to 1 am by the time we got there, that idea is looking like $300+ for about 10 hours if we could get a car.

Thanks - I went up to $251 and down to 2 star and there's nothing :(

Try Clearwater or St Pete. They might be the next closest to the Tampa & Brandon ones.

Try Clearwater or St Pete. They might be the next closest to the Tampa & Brandon ones.

Try Super 8 Clearwater/St.Petersburg Airport, rooms available on the 30th. I don't know how far from the airport. About $170 with AAA:)

Thanks, it sounds like another option, it just seems so far for the limited amount of time. I'm thinking we'd need a rental car for either city?

I'm still waiting for an email or a call back from the place I reserved online. It said it's not confirmed until they respond, but had to use a credit card.

LanaJae,

It is about a 20 minute drive. you might be able to take a taxi.:)

Thanks, it looks much further on the map (excuse my ignorance!).

I am one step closer, was able to get a rental car through Hertz for the 30th-31st and we can return it at the Marriott by the port. Working on a hotel right now.

It is an easy 4 lane drive from Tampa to Orlando. Tons of hotels on the SW (Disney) side. If you had to go all the way into Orlando it would still be a little over an hour. Try Kissimmee or Lake Buena Vista. Try posting on the main board for someone from Tampa and they might be able to tell you about some clean mom and pops.

I am one step closer, was able to get a rental car through Hertz for the 30th-31st and we can return it at the Marriott by the port. Working on a hotel right now.

That's great that you got a car!:) Its too bad you are likely going to have to drive a bit further away from the port than you would have wished to find a hotel room but it sure beats spending the night at the airport or Walmart:D Continued good luck in finding a hotel room you'll be happy with.

Good news - I booked in Lakeland for $98. There were still some rooms in St. Petersburg for around $170+, but figured that's a few more $ we can spend on the cruise.

I am so relieved! Getting the rental car was huge, I don't understand why there was nothing available yesterday.

Hotel rates for the 30th went up about $50-200 since yesterday. One that was $551 yesterday was $680 today for the same room. I can't remember which hotel, but the average rate listed for any other time was $129.

Thank you to everyone for your help!

That's great that you got a car!:) Its too bad you are likely going to have to drive a bit further away from the port than you would have wished to find a hotel room but it sure beats spending the night at the airport or Walmart:D Continued good luck in finding a hotel room you'll be happy with.

Thanks!! I was even happier knowing we could sleep a little in the car somewhere or drive around all night. The distance seems like nothing now, but the thought of taking a taxi to any of the more remote hotels was making me ill.

Archived