buddy

choc56uk

Hi,

I would love to have a dieting buddy. My cruise is going to be in early May, but we leave for Florida on April 29th. I was on the Lose Before you Cruise site on a previous cruise and it helped keep me motivated. I used the South Beach diet with great success.

I was thinking that a pound a week would be a good goal.

Based on the info on your post & screen name, I am guessing that we are about the same age and have been married about the same amount of time.

I am in the Central Valley of California. We are having London weather here, with lots of fog and overcast.

Deb

Come visit us on the menopause weight loss thread. We are all trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week for a total of 10-20 pounds total.

I am also going on the Explorer, but not until July. It will be my third time on that ship!! If it's your first cruise on the Explorer, feel free to ask me questions!!:D

• 1 year later...
hi there going on explorer 5th april...flying out on 31st march...need some help....and a freind to chat too.....1lb a week will be nice.....let me know if u wanna help out....

Hello! I will be on the Explorer on April 15th...ten days after you. Keep her in good shape for us!

I'd like to be your buddy as well. I'm 62 so I'm long past the menopause thing, but I've found it a LOT harder to lose at this age. Since I retired 3 years ago I've put on about 15 pounds...not good!

I started South Beach on New Year's Day and am in Phase 1 until this Friday. So far I've lost 2 pounds...not much I know, but then I only have about 17 pounds to lose and I know that is always harder. I'm surprised how easy this has been especially since I LOVE bread! My favorite breakfast is a slice of whole wheat bread topped with cottage cheese...fortunately, that is perfect for Phase 2! I'm not much for desserts and other sweets (thankfully!) so I'm not stressing there.

I just keep thinking about a new swimsuit for the cruise. My sister and BIL gave me a gift card to Kohl's for Christmas, which I'm saving for the new SMALLER cruise clothes I'll have to buy! Let's keep us all motivated for success!

Come visit us on the menopause weight loss thread. We are all trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week for a total of 10-20 pounds total.

I am also going on the Explorer, but not until July. It will be my third time on that ship!! If it's your first cruise on the Explorer, feel free to ask me questions!!:D

Hi, Lynn! Where are you in the Poconos? I went to college at East Stroudsburg. I'm in Macungie which is just outside of Allentown.

This will be our first cruise out of Bayonne and I've heard horror stories about traffic, parking, etc. Is this true? Any hints for us (my sister and myself)? I'll probably be driving and leaving the car and plan to take a car cover because I understand the overspray problem may be an issue. I hate the idea of paying $19 a day for parking but it's cheaper and more convenient than one of the bus services that make the run. Any hints you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated!

Archived