How do we get to Dickenson Beach?

onceagain

There will be a large group of us going to Dickenson Beach, how did you get there? Taxi? If so, do you remember how much the taxi was - per person or per cab fare? Any little hints about the beach would be helpful and appreciated.

My husband and I were at Dickenson Beach last week. I think it was my favorite beach of all the islands. Taxi for the 2 of us was $12 including tip. Chairs were $5 to rent, but stay away from the umbrellas-$14!! There's a restaurant on the beach and rest rooms. A little further down the beach is a Sandals resort, with a security guard to make sure non-guests do not go onto the property, though walking on the beach is fine. The beach was a little crowded but not so much that you couldn't move or felt like you were sitting on top of other people.

As for the taxi, the driver dropped us off around 10AM and asked us when we wanted to be picked up. We said 3PM, and there he was when we went out to the parking lot just before 3. The whole day cost us $60 and we had a good time.

Hope this helps :)

My husband and I were at Dickenson Beach last week. I think it was my favorite beach of all the islands. Taxi for the 2 of us was $12 including tip. Chairs were $5 to rent, but stay away from the umbrellas-$14!! There's a restaurant on the beach and rest rooms. A little further down the beach is a Sandals resort, with a security guard to make sure non-guests do not go onto the property, though walking on the beach is fine. The beach was a little crowded but not so much that you couldn't move or felt like you were sitting on top of other people.

Hope this helps :)

Was the taxi cost for roundtrip or one way? Were you by Sneaky Pete's beach bar? We will be there in April & thought we may go there to spend the day. The price for an umbrella does sound quite high!! Did you feel safe with leaving your things by your chair while in the water? It will only be my DH & myself. We love to be in the water, but I hate leaving our bags, etc. unattended.

Just recently reading about crime that supposedly is happening in Antigua. This is the first I've heard of this & we've never experienced anything on our other 2 visits to Antigua although we were with groups at those times.

The taxi was $12 each way for both of us. I don't remember the name of the restaurant on the beach. I would think that the taxi would drop you off at the same place he dropped us. Get there early, since the beach does fill up quickly, especially if there's more than one ship in port. We never left our things unattended-if I went in the water my husband stayed on the beach, and visa versa. It was too crowded to be able to watch things from the water. It really is a beautiful beach and I'm glad we went :)

Archived