fountain card

jjnha

I don't know the pricing, but a Carnival fountain card allows you unlimited non-alcoholic drinks served in a cup (i.e. Soda, Ginger Ale, but not Smoothies) from the ship. Each of those drinks can costs ~$1.50 + gratuity, but according to http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx, it would just cost ~$4-$5.50+gratuity per day for the card. You purchase the card at the beginning of the cruise.

On our recent 5 day we purchased one adult and one child card for our family. The children (both teens) came out way ahead by sharing the card. Several times they received two drinks at the same time using one card. The only difference we noticed was the size of the beverage given to them. It was about 8oz as for ours it was about 12 oz. We found it to be an excellent idea and very convient. As for the adults we are not 100% sure we saved much since we both drank tea and punch from the always open beverage area and seldom had soft drinks.

but we were just fine without. My husband who is an avid Coca-Cola drinker went without for the most part. We did buy a couple of sodas at a show or at dinner. They were $2.88 with gratuity. I didn't think that was too bad. So maybe we spent about $10.00 instead of the two kids cards and one adult card. We spent our money other ways! By the way, the lemonade is very good on board.

Have each kid carry on their own 12 pack of the soda they prefer.

Kids under 12 can drink soda in the dining room for free. If you have kids over 12 and get a card to share only one soda will be bought out at a time so you have to figure out who gets the soda at dinner.

Carnival has ice tea-lemonade and fruit punch for free. You will also find choc milk and white milk.

Archived