Victory open dining question

voyages

Hi , I would need to know from someone that has just been on the Victory sailing out of San Juan, at what time is the open seating diner the first night? I am a travel agent from Montreal taking a rather large group of french speaking Canadians and I will probalbly have to meet my group somewhere before dinner if the open dining is the case. you see I usually meet them at dinner the first night having all my tables in one area of the dining room. This will not be the case if first night being open seating

Thanks for your help

I have not been on the Victory recently ....so hopefully someone else will pipe in if I am wrong.....

When I sailed out of San Juan there were still 2 seatings for dinner although you were not assigned a Table # (hence the Open Dining) you were assigned a time AND it was not necessarily the same time as your usual seating. I, for example, was handed a Sign & Sail card with Late Seating for the cruise but I was also given a seperate card for my assignment for the first night only which for me was Early.

If you are working with a group and all the bookings are linked it may be that you would all at least receive the same seating time for that first night.

I would check this out with Carnival directly.

When are you taking your group from Quebec? Are you there during the spring break on the 1st week of March - that is when we will be there with our children from Laval, Qc. I am also curious to find out how it works on the first night.

We were on the Vistory during Christmas week and dinner the first night didn't have any times that I knew of. We just went downstairs and met with the Matre d', he sat us with the group in front of us and they were constantly bringing people in to other tables even as we ate.

The dining room doors open at 6:00pm. You wait in line and are seated at the next available table space, could be a table for 2, 4, or 8. We had a table for 8, one older couple (60ish)from Puerto Rico, who spoke very limited English, two young couples (25-30) and us (mid 50's). Interesting table conversation with such a broad group. We like meeting strangers, so it was no big deal for us, but looking around the room, there were some unhappy people. To each his own.

Happy cruising.

Bonjour, non malheureusement mon groupe est pour le 25 janvier. Par contre si vous le voulez je pourrai vous donnez des informations à mon retour. Je serai à mon bureau du 02février au 14 quand je repars pour une autre croisière de 14 jours avec un autre groupe. Je suis Denis de voyages action à Beloeil et vous pouvez avoir mes coordonnés sur action voyages point com, malheureusement on a pas le droit de faire de la pub sur ce site et je les comprends un peu. C'est pourquoi je vous réponds en francais. J'en suis à ma 51eme croisière et 30 ans de métier.

Donc contactez moi à mon retour pour des infos

Denis

I have not been on the Victory recently ....so hopefully someone else will pipe in if I am wrong.....

When I sailed out of San Juan there were still 2 seatings for dinner although you were not assigned a Table # (hence the Open Dining) you were assigned a time AND it was not necessarily the same time as your usual seating. I, for example, was handed a Sign & Sail card with Late Seating for the cruise but I was also given a seperate card for my assignment for the first night only which for me was Early.

If you are working with a group and all the bookings are linked it may be that you would all at least receive the same seating time for that first night.

I would check this out with Carnival directly.

This is the way it was the first night when we sailed the Destiny out of San Juan.

If I am remembering correctly,are the Triumph and Victory sisters............does this mean open type dining will becoming to the Triumph?

Just wondering,

Rabbitlady

Yes the Triumph and Victory are sister ships. The reason they have open seating on the first night on the Victory is because the ship leaves San Juan at 10:00 p.m.

If you're sailing the Eastern itinerary on the Triumph, I've heard they do the same thing the day the ship is in San Juan, because it docks at 5:00 and lots of people want to just get off the ship and see SJ.

Archived