wine vs foo foo drinks

rwegoneyet

Stupid question but our TA always sends us a bottle of wine. It is waiting in our cabin when we board. We are not wine drinkers, would it be rude to ask for drink coupons or supper club reservations instead? How would you ask without sounding ungrateful?

As a TA, I would say that you should thank your TA and mention that information to him/her. Maybe say something to the effect that you are not wine drinkers and although you appreciate the gesture, maybe drink coupons would work out better... you really like Kiss on the Lips or Miami Vices...

I know I appreciate being thanked and prefer that I choose appropriate gifts for my clients.

DK

Stupid question but our TA always sends us a bottle of wine. It is waiting in our cabin when we board. We are not wine drinkers, would it be rude to ask for drink coupons or supper club reservations instead? How would you ask without sounding ungrateful?

Easy, just let them know. As they always send wine, it is a bottle that CCL has onboard. The wine does not cost near what the supper club does, so just mention that you appreciate the gift, but the same amount would be appreciated in drink coupons, or possibly even OBC.

I would let them know in the form of a question. Perhaps the following:

"We are looking to go to the Supper Club, and we're curious about dinner drinks. Neither of us are wine drinkers. Are there other drink options at the SupperClub?"

This would tell your TA that you are going to the Supper Club and you aren't wine drinkers. It allows your TA to give a more appropriate gift without you having to ask for a gift.

Maybe, if you tell someone from Carnival, after you board and told them you received this wine as a gift, and ask them if you can you trade it for drink coupons or something else? My in-laws did that once, they got a few certificates for the specialty dining (an anniversary cruise) and they traded one for OBC, I believe.

Archived