Odd question about checking RCCL.com for pricing/availability

katt1

We booked a balcony guarantee room on AOS on 3/29 about a week ago through our TA.

I've been checking the RCCL site for price changes (and because I'm totally obsessing over this cruise :D) every day or so. The past 5 days or so there were no balcony gurantees available, so I figured that the balcony rooms were selling out.

I checked this morning, and the balcony gurantee is back. Does anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason behind what's available on the site? I'm really just curious as to how booked the ship is and if there's any chance of an upgrade. Thanks in advance.

As the final date draws near and final pricing has been reached, cabins will open up with cancellations. Also, there could have been holds for a group of cabins for spring break that fell through, or just that some people have decided not to cruise due to the economy. Pricing can change daily. I was looking for a quick getaway a few weeks back and was looking at a 3 day from Port Canaveral and thought it was a little to high. The next day it was almost half the cost so I booked. Two days later it was back up...go figure.

As for the upgrade, I have done a GTY 4 times and really only received what I considered an upgrade once. If you want a specific cabin I suggest you try to book it, that said, with people cancelling left and right you might be lucky. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Well, we were assigned a D1 right behind the hump. 7632 - Not bad, I expected an E1 or E2 :)

Call your TA asap and have them call RCCL and request to be switched to Cabin #1392. It's the exact same category you were assigned , in most cases they will let you do this. If your agent doesn't get it on the first call be sure to call again.

#1392 has a much larger balcony and a beautiful view of the wake.

It can be done. They don't mind you changing as long as it is the same category you were assigned.

Good luck!

Jimbo:)

Archived