honeymoon - cruising vs land vacation?

CVL105

I'm starting to think about our honeymoon plans and Hawaii is a possible destination. I've convinced my fiance to take a two week honeymoon (yay!!!). So I was thinking of doing one week land vacation and a one week cruise. For those who have done the cruise? Did you enjoy the cruise? Or do you wish you stuck to a land vacation??

I have been to Hawaii before, for 3 weeks, and was on three different islands. Fiance has never been to Hawaii. In fact, he hasn't been to too many places.

Thanks for any and all inputs!

• Administrators
I'm starting to think about our honeymoon plans and Hawaii is a possible destination. I've convinced my fiance to take a two week honeymoon (yay!!!). So I was thinking of doing one week land vacation and a one week cruise. For those who have done the cruise? Did you enjoy the cruise? Or do you wish you stuck to a land vacation??

I have been to Hawaii before, for 3 weeks, and was on three different islands. Fiance has never been to Hawaii. In fact, he hasn't been to too many places.

Thanks for any and all inputs!

Aloha, and welcome to the Hawaii board!

Are you considering the Pride of America cruise from NCLA? That's the only one which would require just a week of your honeymoon time. If so, you might want to check out this current thread about POA versus land-based vacations for some folks' input. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=896848

We did an NCLA cruise after 2 nights on Oahu for our tenth anniversary, and the only thing we wished we'd done differently was include a few more nights on Oahu after the cruise, to recuperate from the go-go-go shore excursions we did on the other islands. You might think about splitting your trip that way -- a couple of days ahead of the cruise to adjust to the time difference, and so on -- then take the cruise -- then spend a few more days at a romantic place to rest and enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.

Have fun planning! There's lots of useful information here, and the search feature is now fixed so you can find all kinds of things by searching. :)

Archived