Thinking of cruising MSC with the kids free promo?

Lowie

we recently sailed on the MSC Lirica with the kids free promotion. If you have any questions feel free to ask! I have the daily papers but no scanner.

I should mention upfront that it was the worst cruise we've ever been on and my kids did not use the kids club. Mainly because the age ranges of the groups (3-12 year old together!)

I also have a picture of one of the kids dining room menus, they were mostly similar each evening.

I think that MSC and Costa tend to attract European travelers who aren't as interested in the youth programs- especially the Italians who like to have their kids with them most of the time. I imagine the youth program serves as more of a babysitting service at night but I have not cruised MSC. I have done Costa but my son wasn't interested in the youth program (if there was even one back then 1997).

My experience on Costa was ok. My husband loved it but it was his first cruise. Carnival Corp now owns Costa and the newer ships resemble Carnival ships and I would imagine that the experince is similar to Carnival.

MSC caters to Italians and as a consequence some of their kids travel free tend to be kaotic and overcrowded at least in Europe. Read some of the MSC and Costa reviews before sailing them.

Lowie,

I went over to the MSC boards to read other reviews. Have mercy, I do not think we would enjoy that line. Worth a peek at those boards just to see what can really go wrong on a cruise.

Archived