Carnival Sensation vs. Imagination

cmoglesby

I just booked a May sailing on the Imagination. We are doing 4 nights leaving out of Miami, stopping in Key West and Cozumel. We had looked at the Sensation, but because the Imagination had just been renovated we chose it instead. I now read that the Sensation will be getting the same renovation next month. Now I don't know what to do. Our last cruise was 4 years ago, before we had our 2 babies. Here are my challenges.

I live in Orlando, so Port Canaveral is a much closer drive then Miami.

I have never enjoyed the Bahamas, and much prefer Cozumel, but it seems the Bahamas have more kid friendly things to do.

I have 4 new cruisers going (61,54,4, and 2) and we are not sure how they will take to the sea. With that being said, the Sensation spends twice as much time sitting in port.

It is seeming that after the renovation, the ships will be the same. The only thing changing in these cruises is the ports. I am hoping there is some overwhelming piece of information I am missing that will make me say, "We're going on the Imagination no matter what", but it seems that the Sensation might be the way to go.

Please help, and let me know what you think.

Best

I've never been on the Sensation, but will be sailing her in March. The rennovations will be done in March. I was on the Imagination in July, and loved the ship and itinerary. Mexico and Key West are pretty kid friendly as well. In Key West I suggest the trolley tour or the butterfly tour. I booked the trolley tour online directly through the company. It was much cheaper. In Mexico I usually take the girls to one of the beaches. Anyway, either ship you take I'm sure you will have a lot of fun. And, since both ships are the same class the ships probably aren't much different.

Option 3: Drive up to Jacksonville and sail Fascination. Choose the Nassau & Half Moon Cay itinerary. You get 2 sea days and 2 ports, one of which is "paradise" and the other is a fun place, imo.

She hasn't had the pool areas re-done yet, though. The rest of the ship is lovely.

If it were me, I'd take the Sensation because, although Cozumel is one of my favorite ports, it's not good for kids. At the beaches, they are all rocky with lots of seaweed and big drop offs. My older kids love it cuz of the water trampolines and floating rock walls and snorkeling. But with little ones, I'd go to Nassau, take the bus to Cable Beach and for 15.00 pp. enjoy the uncrowded beautiful beach and large pool there with the swim up bar, slides, and sip a drink out of a pineapple while my little ones played in the white sand.

Thanks everyone, and after the one sentence "enjoy the uncrowded beautiful beach and large pool there with the swim up bar, slides, and sip a drink out of a pineapple while my little ones played in the white sand" I am sold! Looks like we are going to the Bahamas.

Archived