Anyone done canopy tour recently...is it only thru ship?

Marcys

I have read in several places that the canopy tour is only through the ships now on days when a ship is in port. But, I've only hard this reported from people on NCL. Does anyone know if they (the canopy tour poeple) have a deal with Carnival? I checked Carnival's excursions and it's not listed.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
From what I remember being told, Tabayana Beach is a private NCL beach. It is a very nice beach area with lots of chairs and NO sand fleas. They have a small gift shop, a few local people selling handiwork, lady selling massages and a lady selling hair braiding. There is also a outdoor shower area and bathrooms.

Included in the NCL Canapy Tour/Tabayana Beach part excursion price was the canapy tour, use of the beach including chairs, bbq chicken lunch (very good food) and transportation to/from ship.

Marlissa

I am also going on the Valor soon and have looked into the Canopy tour. What I understand is that the private islanders were doing the tour. The NCL approached them and said...be exclusive for us and you will make more money. Of course, they took the deal. Carnival did not get a piece of the pie. I think that if you go to that beach and there is no NCL ship in port...mabybe you could get in. But, otherwise, they are exclusive. Please remember, this is to the best of my understanding. If you are going to Belize...there is canopy tours there.
Good luck, Karyn

Greetings to Pazandak63:
We too are from Minnesota and will be on the Valor Jan 23-30!! Small world. I just discovered this website and have been addicted reading messages and learning about the ship and islands we will be at. Tabyana Beach sounds awesome. We do not know much about the Canopy Tours other than what I have read in the Belize message boards. Sounds exciting! Maybe we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Valor Jan 23-30, 2005 First Cruise!!

Archived