access to titou gorge

searoses

i have some mobility problems and will use a cane on terrain. have read here many different descriptions. is it 5,10,15 min walk? a hike? flat,steep,slippery,rocky? i have found pics of the pool and know i can slowly make my way in but am concerned about getting that far! i really,really,really want to swim in the gorge. am a good swimmer.

It is about a 5 minute walk from where the vans are parked. The rocks were a little bit slippery and there is a little bit of a hill you have to walk up. You could just take it slowly and I think you will be fine. As for the swim, everyone wears an inflatable device around their waste so even if you can't swim, you'd still be okay!

If you're looking for pics from this trip, I have a few on my travel blog! http://poolieandloolie.blogspot.com (on the Dominica posting)

Enjoy your trip! :) I would highly recommend going to Ti Tou Gorge!

We were there just before Christmas, and I am glad you knew that you had to "swim" it to see it. We didn't know and made the walk for nothing. It's fairly flat. Just take it slow. I believe we walked through some super shallow water at times getting there -- like a puddle really. But it was probably the easiest walk we took to get to any of the attractions we saw in Dominica.

Enjoy!

Archived