How much liquor?

MrsTffx

Are you able to buy 1 litre of alcohol from each port you visit? Also, is the flavored rums considered "alcohol" 'cause I read somewhere that those are not considered "alcohol" so they don't add that to your total limit.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;10;08;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Cruising on the Galaxy!

You can buy as much liquor as you want - however if it is over the limit, then you will pay duty on the extra.
You can go to the following website for links to more information regarding the amount of items you can bring back duty free.
[url="http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cgov/travel/leavingarrivinginUS/vacation/know_brochure/"]U S Customs[/url]
Flavored rums are considered alcohol - it is the proof that counts - not the flavor.
A TSA agent checked my bottles that I was carrying aboard the plane to make sure that they weren't over 150 proof. She said that we are not allowed to bring anything over 150 proof.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

HI,
I wouldn't exactly say you can buy "as much as you want"... we had quite a hassle with the airlines coming back... if you check your liquor they have a 5 bottle per person limit, and of course if you carry it on, there is the size of the carry on problem... we were two bottles over our limit for Transmeridian, took us an hour and a half of waiting for managers to get the ok for the extra bottles....

Mia

Archived