Trip Insurance

gpg306

I was just wondering what people think about trip insurance. I was never one to take out this type of insurance but with the airlines the way they are, having to be at the port at a certain date and time it is something I have started doing. No I am not an insurance agent so no flames I am hot enough without them. LOL I was just got insurance for our 10 day Panama cruise which leaves January 30 for $111.00. One trip to the ship's doctor if something happens pays for itself. Just wondering what other people think.

Gpg306,

I believe that you will find that it comes down to personal preference.

We have always taken out - trip insurance.. but I have a pre-existing condition. I also love the other things that trip insurance covers.. like the flight delays, lost luggage, etc and over course the big one- the Cancellation help, if you need to cancel your trip at the last minute!!!

kathy

With the way the weather has been, the airlines cutting back on flights I just sleep better by knowing that I am covered by purchasing the insurance. I guess it comes down to what price are you willing to pay for peace of mind. For me it is one less thing to worry about. I heard too any horror storie last year of people missing flights due to weather and flight cancellations.

Since we book our own air, with the cruise, we select travel insurance from our local travel agent. It is a national chain, and covers everything.

When we were on a land vacation in Disney when hurricaine Charlie hit, it even covered hardship.

The only thing it did not cover was a rental car, that we selected to take from Orlando to Tampa to get an earlier flight out.

They closed Orlando airport for 4 days.

Other than that our trip insurance to us is well worth it.

We ALWAYS get trip insurance. Once, a couple in our group who did not have trip insurance, had to cancel the day before because the husband got sick. They could not get reimburesed for anything.

Another time, we couldn't fly back into our home airport due to a blizzard. We had to leave San Juan and they flew us to Dallas, spent the night and flew into Phila the next day. Our trip insurance reimbursed us ( and the other couples we were traveling with) for our meals, room and other incidentials. We think after spending money on a cruise and air fare, another couple of hundred dollars is worth the piece of mind in case of any emergencies. As one travel agent told us,,,,,,,,,,,always get the travel insurance,,,,,,,you will never need it! It is when you don't have it that you wish you did.

This is just our opinion!

As always, happy cruising!

Archived