Best tip used?

TERMITEJR

If you and Dh are traveling without the children, Leave a notorized form at home authorizing whom ever is taking care of them to have your permission to get doctor or hospital care. You probably, hopefully won't need it, but you will rest at ease if it should happen. We do this everytime we leave home without our children.

A few things that I always travel with are:

This is most impotant! Cash (ATM fees on the ship are way too expensive!)

Travel space bags. They save a lot of space in my bag and leave room to bring gifts back for my family. Also they are waterproof so if anything spills in my bag my clothes stay clean and dry.

A waterproof watch to set to ship time.

A travel pack of tissues so I can open bathroom doors.

A travel pack of clorox wipes.

The clip-on small bottle of sunscreen.

The small Anti bactirial hand spray.

A tide to go pen. (I tend to drop food on my clothes especially white ones!)

Oh and 1 more. An extra pair of sunglass. I broke my favorite pair in California on vacation last year and couldn't find a pair that I liked as much out there!:)

several clothes pins to hold bottom of shower curtain while showering and to use when suits are wet......

With 3 people in an inside room, over door hanger was awesome!!!! Everyone could find stuff in there but not on the counter in the room. LOL!!!

Going solo in Aug so all I'll need is my clothes pins, and RR flasks.

I, too, have used the over the door shoe holder - not only on cruises but other vacations as well - works great! I think the dollar store has them.

Don't forget the duct tape - we have used on several occasions: taping my daughter's bra strap under her dress, fixing broken luggage and holding the door open of the bathroom so it didn't slam shut.

Its 38 days until my 5th cruise. I usually bring all thats been mentioned and also baggies (for those yummy lemon muffins from the breakfast buffet),bowls with lids (for fruit to place in the fridge) my big insulated cup (for a giant cup of tea in the AM and for mixed drinks later) small carton of french vanilla (also for my tea) 3 way plug adaptor, travel sewing kit, and a small ashtray. :eek: (oops...your not supposed to smoke in the room)

Before excursions I bring a washcloth (so i can wet it and place in a baggie, in case you get sticky or dirty) and snacks from the buffet.(in the bowls with lids) Hubby is diabetic so I go prepared.

You're not supposed to smoke in the room?

I always bring:

- Koozie Cups -- Gotta keep the beer cold.

- DISPOSABLE UNDERWATER CAMERA -- You will thank me for this tip if you are on a Caribbean cruise! Sometimes you just don't want to risk destroying that $200 digital camera!

- Foldable Beach Bag with waterproof zipper pockets -- some things HAVE to stay dry (like that $200 digital camera)

- Extra sunglasses (Cheap) - someone always loses or breaks a pair

- Binoculars -- if you have a balcony -- they're cool

- Travel alarm clock

- Extra Batteries -- they're really expensive on board!

- Brand New memory card for Digital Camera

- Clear Plastic shoe holder -- really helps when you travel with teenaged daughters! Those bathrooms are SMALL and the holders are perfect for razors, deodorant, shampoo, and other make-up goop!

- Faux Candle -- helps set the mood for those nights on the balcony! I don't use real candles because they're not permitted and the breeze blows them out anyway!

- PADS -- uncomfortable topic -- but as a single dad I've learned. If you're traveling with adolescent or teenage daughters bring appropriate feminine hygene stuff. They will forget it!

- An Extra book -- especially if you like to read!

- Water Socks -- If you are doing an excursion on a boat, or at a beach where theyre may be rocks & hot pavement, aquasocks san save your tootsies!

- PEANUTS -- or some kind of munchable for the room. Most cruises have FREE room service, but if you're on the balcony sipping a cold one -- sometimes it's nice to have a little something to munch at hand. You can also take them on a shore excursion if you have a long ride!

I have yet to travel light .However these are what I consider necessities

All toiletries esp extra conditioner -salt water needs it

sunscreen and aftersun and :ICE"or aloe vera cream for burns

lots of moiturizer

Shower to shower prevents feeling sticky

My hairdryer -stronger/faster/easier

Door stopper for balcony

Water shoes

Sandals nonslip with straps

shower cap

3plug plug or extension cord

All chargers for all devices in one pouch

all snorkeling equipment esp snorkels

neck =type document holder /eticket numbers Fun pass

1$$$$ bills for tips .I never open my purse in public .My son has $$$and pays all tips

flip flops for shower and/or slippers NO WALKING BAREFOOT IN CABIN

Ziplock bags for undies and socks

All clothes for 1st day/first night in carry-on

clothesline and pins

all cameras are CHarged before we leave

extra thermos water bottle

insulated lunch box to carry breakables on return trip .use it to carry snacks for long plane trips

caps and hat that ties -they do fly away in some of those wind tunnels

PERFUME IN big suitcase-forgot to do so and could not put it in purse or carry=on

Caladryl lotion

All meds esp Tylenol and aspirin

Seasickness meds -carry them probably won't need -don't have them -sick as a dog

I need big hair clips when I'm hot -very long hair

shoes that fit swollen feet

costume jewellery

Xtra long Tshirts for lounging-get them on the islands they are long enough to be dresses I use mine to sit on balcony and as a quick cover up-GREAT

Chapstick for beach -each his own

I think that's it

Hope I helped someone

Michele

One more tip .If you bring lots of stuff and plan to only wear it once pack it the next morning .I do that and on the last day I have very little to put away and can enjoy it while others are slaving in cabin !!!

Also I use a mesh hamper for dirty laundry/undies socks t shirts .On last night pack it as is in suitcase

I don't think I saw Saltine Crackers anywhere. I always take these to keep in the room for the morning after having one too many cocktails. I learned my lesson on my very first cruise which was all girls. Needless to say we started drinking as soon as we got on the ship. The next day I woke up I felt awful. One of my friends had to search high & low for saltine crackers. It's easier to take a sleeve & have them in the room.

I think I'll try it. I have this Travelon Bag that is suppose to do that same thing but it's a real pain in the neck the way it is layed out. The shoe pockets all open at the top so that should work great. Thanks!

You can also hang it in the closet - and use if for sock/undies, and other misc items (sunglasses, lanyards, etc).

oooooookkkkkkkk......what are the disposable undies for again?????
I just remember back in college there were "edible underwear". Now that I think about it...I'm not sure if they were supposed to be more fun for the eater, or the wearer. :cool:

LOL--disposable undies would leave more room for purchases!!!;)

Disposable underwear is a real product. Dh wanted to buy them for our first trip to Europe so we'd have more room in the suitcase on the way home. Told him I wasn't wearing paper undies but to feel free to buy some for himself.

http://www.onederwear.com/

If you don't want to buy expensive name brand just put 1/3 fabric softener liquid and 2/3 water in a spray bottle. You have instant wrinkle release spray. I learned this years ago and have not spent money for the name brand since. If you are not sure this will work as good as the name brand try it out ahead of time. It's the only thing I use now.

If you don't want to buy expensive name brand just put 1/3 fabric softener liquid and 2/3 water in a spray bottle. You have instant wrinkle release spray. I learned this years ago and have not spent money for the name brand since. If you are not sure this will work as good as the name brand try it out ahead of time. It's the only thing I use now.

I love this tip and will definitely try it, thank you

Archived