Supper Club ~ Is It True?

CBussey64

That Carnival is discontinuing the Supper Clubs next month (Feb)? How sad, I thought it was a wonderful experience. :mad:

I asked my PVP this same question last week and she said no chance in hell, that they are closing them!!!! She said that she had a meeting with some hiher ups and this question was raised because someone asked on john healds blog and they said no way!!

I talked to John Heald about this a couple weeks ago.

He told me, in no uncertain terms, that Carnival is NOT discontinuing the supper clubs. They are a brilliant success and are very high on everyone's list of positive comments.

They will discontinue live music in the supper clubs on some ships, more as a test than anything else. So, if you like the live music you need to let Carnival know.

Steakhouse brings an entirely different image to mind for me.

There's a variety of items on the menu but, like many restaurants, it's dominated by steaks.

John, as well as every CD that I've talked to, still refers to them as 'supper clubs'...

I think the live music was one of the nicest touches to our one visit to the super club.

Overall, it really was the nicest dining experience that Steve and I actually ever had. From the greeting, to the presentation of meats, to the little surprises between courses, to the filet... ohhh the filet.....

I cannot wait to go again!

Catrin

I believe they are changing the name from "Supper Club" to "Steakhouse." That may be where the confusion is.

That would actually make sense. Back in September on the Valor I remember a survey in our room one night that asked if we tried the "upscale steakhouse" Scarlett's, if we realized it was an upscale steakhouse, and if that would change our perception of it.

I don't remember if what we said, or if we even filled out the survey. We didn't eat at Scarlett's though. I may one day, but for now I'm completely happy with the dining room experience. Much better than anything I can make at home!

Spending a majority of my life in either Motown (Detroit) and Music City (Nashville) I have the utmost respect for any artist who is brave enough to get up in front of a crowd and sing. That being said, I wish Carnival would continue with a live band in the SC, but do without the vocalist. It really is distracting when the band is playing in one key and the vocalist is singing in another. Even just a good pianist would be wonderful and add to the ambiance. Dancing always made the SC extra special and I for one would still dance to either a band or pianist.

I have not tried a supper club yet but look forward to it next year on the Valor. I think the live music would add to the ambience. I also would prefer to dine at a "supper club" rather than a "steakhouse":o I hate steakhouses.

I think they mean "steakhouse" as in Mortons or Ruths Chris or other upscale places. Not Rustler or Ponderosa or Uncle Billy Bob's Steak Roundup, cafeteria style restaurants.

In doing away with live music would be a reason to call it a steakhouse or something different than a "supper club". Every supper club I have ever been to has had a band/live music for dancing and listening while dining.

I have limited experience in the Supper Club (3 ships, 3 dinners) but the singers always added something special to my evening. I enjoy the live music but personally feel it would not be the same without the vocals. JMHO.

I really hope Carnival re-thinks that decision. My DH goes for the food, i go for the atmosphere.

Glad to hear they'll be sticking around... Besides, it makes zero sense that such a company so relentlessly focused on profits would eliminate something that is (a) highly successful and (b) a solid revenue generator! Getting rid of fruit punch is one thing... but eliminating the supper club would really surprise me. :p

Archived