Monarch March 14

My belief is that both cruises will be very similar. Personally, I have a preference for RCI as I did not enjoy my one and only Carnival experience. Although, I must admit that I have heard that Carnival has improved dramatically and they do still serve lobster ont he short cruises unlike RCI.

If its the weekend cruise, you'll visit the same ports. If it's the weekday cruise, you'll get San Diego with RCI and a sea day with Carnival. Both a good ships, but I suspect the Paradise will have a heavier "party" crowd. Both are going to be livelier than a traditional cruise simply because it is short and attracts a somewhat younger crowd.

• 1 month later...

I saw the suite options open this morning. I wish I could afford the extra cost of the GS. It would run about $1500 more for the 4 of us. This is just a quick trip - so I guess I'm stuck with my inside quad cabin.

I'm going to keep a close eye on it as we approach final payment.

Our Monarch cruise was showing sold out right up until final payment became due. Then several cabins in different catagories became available. I'd book what I had to now and watch for what becomes avialble right after final payment is due.

I just booked a GS and there were only 3 cabins left on the ship in which they could allow a triple or a quad. One inside, one GS, and one owner's suite. I don't think upgrades are likely because this ship seems to sell very well for them.

banker

I'm envious of your GS - hope you enjoy it! Nothing is coming up for a quad tonight so they must have gone quickly!!

With two sons in the Army and Air Force, I'm just glad to be able to squeeze this trip in with all my family aboard. It will help me get over my hate for inside cabins.

Hope to see you onboard.

Hope to see you too!

When I booked late yesterday, they had one other GS left, and she said that there may still be some changes to come as a lot of cabin are on option, and finals aren't due for a couple of weeks! Good Luck!

banker

Do you think it will stop raining here before we leave in March???? I'm about to start building an ark!

I pleased to say I was able to get my oceanview room today for only $160 more than I was already paying. I really dislike inside cabins so it was worth the $40 per day for me to have the window.

There are also 7 of us going - and with all the military guys in my family - you never know when we'll all be available to travel together for a while. Even though I've done this route twice before, I'm really looking forward to it!

Archived