For the REAL women out there.

dontpanik

I was going crazy trying to find a formal dress to fit my very real, womanly, curvy figure a few years ago and for any of you going through the same thing, I found some incredible dresses at Cybernetplaza.com for really reasonable prices. I'm certainly not trying to advertise for anyone, but for the other big girls out there, its nice to share when we find somewhere to shop for cruisin' clothes :D

hmm...well, I run between an 18 to a 24 depending on the manufacturer. I agree they have plenty of the Dallas/ Dynasty dresses on there, lol. Don't be put off if you don't like the color, there's almost always more than one color listed and they often have specials for dresses that are only $29 for a formal. I have begun collecting them

I ordered a dress from alight.com on Friday. They seem to specialize in plus size dresses. They have 35 pages of dresses to choose from, which I thought was great. Some are casual but there are quite a few formal ones. My greatest worry is that they are non-returnable, believe me I was very careful taking my measurements to make sure I ordered the correct size. I will let you know how it turns out as soon as I get it.

Lisa

Some really pretty dresses on that site, but also some that look like they were created for "Dynasty" in the 80's . . . huge shoulders!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I have to agree with you, most of them look like they're from the 80's. I'd think they would weigh a ton as well, all that beading and sequins. Or worse yet, glitter that falls off at every movement.

Thank you all very much. It wasn't that low cut. I got one of those...I can't remember the name now..transformer bra?, lol. The one where the straps can be altered from strapless (yeah, right), criss-cross, halter or regular. I was worried about my "back fat" so I purchased alightweight shawl. I have no idea if it made it look better, but I sure felt better having it there, just in case :p

Thanks for showing these. I've actually bookmarked them, as I have some other formals going on this year.

and it is beautiful. It was worth the money. I was concerned about not being able to return it if it didn't fit so I measured myself very carefully. I will have to get it hemmed, unless I wear stillettos (on a ship, yeah right). The spaghetti straps are too long so I will have to fix that, but no big deal. I would feel worse if they were too short.

http://www.alight.com/12410228.html

In case you want to see what it looks like.

My DH says I "might make it through dinner" so I guess he likes it too.

I am thinking of red shoes to go with it because I have a red shawl, but we will have to see what I can find at the great Bangor Mall.

Lisa

I like this one for budget:

http://www.buyinamerica.com/index.html

...and this one for upscale:]

I found a very nice dress on the buyinamerica site but i am leery about buying online. For anyone that has bought from this site....do the dresses typically run true to size or smallish/large. I am a bit nervous about buying because the dress i like says the sale is final. The prices are very good.

• 2 weeks later...
and it is beautiful. It was worth the money. I was concerned about not being able to return it if it didn't fit so I measured myself very carefully. I will have to get it hemmed, unless I wear stillettos (on a ship, yeah right). The spaghetti straps are too long so I will have to fix that, but no big deal. I would feel worse if they were too short.

http://www.alight.com/12410228.html

In case you want to see what it looks like.

My DH says I "might make it through dinner" so I guess he likes it too.

I am thinking of red shoes to go with it because I have a red shawl, but we will have to see what I can find at the great Bangor Mall.

Lisa

WOW..that dress is stunning.

Archived