After the cruise do you feel motion?

Mangojh2

My boyfriend and I have both experienced feeling the rocking motion of the ship for a few weeks after we get off this ship. Does anyone else ever feel this, or does anyone have a good remedy to try next time?

Happens to us too. Sea legs I guess. I don't have a remedy either...

What is Mal de Debarquement Syndrome?

from

http://www.mdds.org.uk/

Mal de debarquement (or Mal de débarquement) syndrome (MdDS, or disembarkment syndrome) is a rare condition usually occurring after a cruise, aircraft flight, or other sustained motion event. It has only recently received attention and very little real scientific research has been conducted. The phrase "mal de débarquement" is French for "disembarkation

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_de_debarquement

We are going on our first cruise next Sunday and while at the scuba shop buying snorkel equip. I asked the guy if they had anything he recommended for motion sickness after getting off the boat. I also get this after being on a houseboat for a week. He recommended MotionEaze (No drowsiness or so it says) which is a drop that you put behind your ear which he said works well and only takes about 5 minutes to work! It was $12.00 so I bought it. I will let you know how it works if I end up using it. Or has anyone tried it and did I waste my money?:rolleyes:

Very first time I went to sea in the Navy I was really scared. As I was walking down the pier, I was walking as if I was drunk. I thought I was damaged for life. LOL

Still get the feeling that we are on the ship days later, but not the wobbly legs.

I'm so glad I'm not alone!!

My kids still make fun of me for rocking and swaying post cruise.

A few years ago we sailed the Disney Magic for 7 nights. After the cruise we played at Walt Disney World for a few days. I would be standing in line for an attraction and would be swaying and didn't even realize it until the kids started laughing at me.

I have a very sensitive inner ear and it takes several days post cruise for it to calibrate back to "normal".

I have it almost every time we take a cruise and like others, I know of nothing that helps with it. When we got back from Alaska I had it bad for ten days. And what is strange is, it was worse for me when taking a shower. I would literally have to hold myself up with one hand against the shower wall I would get so dizzy. That was the worst I have ever had it, but I do get it almost every time we cruise. Funny thing is, I never get motion sick when we are ON the boat... LOL

After my first cruise, the feeling lasted for about two months... I'm not even kidding. We called it "having a moment." It was really bad when I first got off the ship... it felt like a continuous, small earthquake. LOL! We had a rough day on our last day at sea, so that may have contributed.

On our second cruise, sailing was much smoother, and it only lasted about two weeks.

We'll see what happens this time! :D

I've never tried to treat it... I just let it pass on its own, in time. The only time it really bothers me in a negative way is when I bend over, like to pick something up. Hooboy...

Archived