Big Screen Question

teacher2cruiser

I've read a couple of comments about ships having a "big screen".....where? what's shown on it? which ships?

I just got off the Destiny, they have it. You can see it from the Lido deck and they had the news on it in the morning, then in the afternoon they had some pics while music played and then at night they would play movies. Some of the movies that were on were Transformers and Speed Racer. They also sold popcorn while the movies played at night.

I would assume so since this a new ship. I was on Princess in Oct, and they were in the process of hooking MUTS up...movies under the stars. They showed a Tina Turner concert. I thought it was great.

I'm sailing on the Splendor in May, and looking forward to the big screen.

PJ

They have one on the Valor. I enjoyed it for the most part. We did watch a movie one night and it was pretty neat. Then I was on the Fascination and I didn't really miss it at all. The one thing I didn't like about the screen on the Valor is that they would show the "port talks" and "shopping talks" on it. I don't go to those for a reason. They have one on my next cruise (Victory) and I would like to watch a movie on it again. Since the cruise has no sea days I doubt I will even notice it much.

Just another reason for me to avoid the main pool area on Victory. I most definitely do NOT cruise to watch TV or movies. Can't a person sit on deck on a sea day and relax without the constant sensory bombardment? :(

It's already there on Victory, so the post by Cuizer2 is a little inaccurate. Most of those ships already have it, from what I've read in reviews.

Originally on the Freedom and Liberty, it is being added to the other three Conquest class ships (Conquest, Glory & Valor) and the Destiny, Victory & Triumph ...

Libertyscreen.jpg

PIMG_0312.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Destiny and Victory have already had them installed.

It's already there on Victory, so the post by Cuizer2 is a little inaccurate. Most of those ships already have it, from what I've read in reviews.

I'm the one who posted the photo of the Seaside Theater on the Victory, so how does that make my post "inaccurate"?

"Originally on the Freedom and Liberty, it is being added to the other three Conquest class ships (Conquest, Glory & Valor) and the Destiny, Victory & Triumph ..."

Because the way it was worded was that only Freedom and Liberty have it but it is "being added" to the others you listed. It already "has been" added to some.

Obviously, it is already on Victory because you showed the photo (but some may not have noticed that the two photos were of two different ships).

I do know Glory didn't (when I sailed last May) but Victory does. I research the ships before I sail. I don't know about the others ships because I haven't been on them! Come to think of it, Valor has it, too. She was docked next to us in Nassau in December, and I think Triumph does, as well.

So maybe someone should list exactly which do and which don't.

Just another reason for me to avoid the main pool area on Victory. I most definitely do NOT cruise to watch TV or movies. Can't a person sit on deck on a sea day and relax without the constant sensory bombardment? :(

Ear plugs come in handy.:D

"Originally on the Freedom and Liberty, it is being added to the other three Conquest class ships (Conquest, Glory & Valor) and the Destiny, Victory & Triumph ..."

Because the way it was worded was that only Freedom and Liberty have it but it is "being added" to the others you listed. It already "has been" added to some.

Obviously, it is already on Victory because you showed the photo (but some may not have noticed that the two photos were of two different ships).

I do know Glory didn't (when I sailed last May) but Victory does. I research the ships before I sail. I don't know about the others ships because I haven't been on them! Come to think of it, Valor has it, too. She was docked next to us in Nassau in December, and I think Triumph does, as well.

So maybe someone should list exactly which do and which don't.

The Seaside Theater was OEM on the Liberty & Freedom and added during a dry dock to the other three Conquest class ships plus the Destiny, Victory and Triumph. As to when each was, or will be added, I don't know and I am not going to do the research.

The photo provided clear information that the Seaside Theater had already been added to the Victory. That someone might not realize that the photos were of two different ships does not make the post any less accurate.

It was on the Triumph this past October.

I was surprised but it didnt really do anything for me or my DW.

During the evening we would rather go to the show, piano bar or other entertainment venue. During the day did not really want to watch the news.

Why go on a cruise to watch a movie I could have seen at home?

Seemed like it gave Carnival less reason to have a band on the lido deck during the day. The only good thing was while passing by we got the football scores.

Golf

I'm the one who posted the photo of the Seaside Theater on the Victory, so how does that make my post "inaccurate"?

It was pretty accurate to me.....

It's $1 for a bag of popcorn. Great way to keep every kid on the ship from grabbing it & strowing it all over the ship.

Princess gives out free popcorn.......I suppose the children behave better on their ships......

Oh wait they have youth security and they actually enforce the rules.......

We were on the Victory 11-30-08/12-7-08 an they did show a few movies on it. Mostly I think it was used to hype the sale of the cruise DVD. That's all I remember being shown on it was clips from the cuise DVD that was available for sale.

Currently the Victory does not have any at sea days, the pool area at the rear of the lido deck is a little quieter and the rear or deck 10 is very quiet.

Archived