How do you include multiple quotes in reply?

I get tired of multiple posts to answer each question. How do I include two or three quotes and respond under each? Please help!

When you read a thread and want to respond to a post just right click over quote and open it up in an additional window or tab. You can do that with every response and answer them all and then just copy them all into one response.

:D

I get tired of multiple posts to answer each question. How do I include two or three quotes and respond under each? Please help!

Click on the "+ button (next to the Quote button) on each post you would like to quote then click on Post Reply. I think you can do up to 3 quotes per reply this way.

This is how Cruisingmama (forgive me for spelling:o) taught me. And she even gave me a gold star when I mastered the technique! :D

BTW, the "+ box turns orange when you click on it so you will know that post will be quoted.

When you read a thread and want to respond to a post just right click over quote and open it up in an additional window or tab. You can do that with every response and answer them all and then just copy them all into one response.

:D

Thanks!

Click on the "+ button (next to the Quote button) on each post you would like to quote then click on Post Reply. I think you can do up to 3 quotes per reply this way.

Thanks!

This is how Cruisingmama (forgive me for spelling:o) taught me. And she even gave me a gold star when I mastered the technique! :D

BTW, the "+ box turns orange when you click on it so you will know that post will be quoted.

Thanks!

Oh yeah! I cruisin' now!

Steve

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Oh yeah! I cruisin' now!

Steve

Well look at that.

Good job! You got it now! :D

And another one...

Sad the things that make our day, huh? :D :D :D

Wow, so that's how its done. Thanks.

Laura

The + thing never worked for me. :cool:

I thought it was broken.

Oliver, when you are reading a thread that you want to quote several posts from - just go to those posts before you do anything else (you have to be logged in of course to even see the "+ icon/button ) and click on the "+ . It will turn orange. Then go to the next post you want to quote and click again and it will turn orange. Not sure if there is a limit to how many you can quote......

In any case, after you have clicked this icon/button, then go to to the very bottom of the thread and click on the Reply box.

Your quotes should all come up in the box for you to reply/refer to each as you choose.

The only odd thing about this multiple quote process is you get a funny page after you send it that you usually don't get after sending a regular post (something about if you are posting to a poll or something). But you are then returned to the thread.

Hope this helps should you want to use the method some time. :)

Oliver, when you are reading a thread that you want to quote several posts from - just go to those posts before you do anything else (you have to be logged in of course to even see the "+ icon/button ) and click on the "+ . It will turn orange. Then go to the next post you want to quote and click again and it will turn orange. Not sure if there is a limit to how many you can quote......

In any case, after you have clicked this icon/button, then go to to the very bottom of the thread and click on the Reply box.

Your quotes should all come up in the box for you to reply/refer to each as you choose.

The only odd thing about this multiple quote process is you get a funny page after you send it that you usually don't get after sending a regular post. But you are then returned to the thread.

You can quote up to three posts.;)

Thanks for the clarification. I have never tried more than 2 or 3 so I wasn't sure. :)

BTW, don't you think that the limit of 3 was rather short-sighted on the part of CC. Surely they knew that with the quality of CC membership that there would be many, many posts worthy of being quoted! Teehee.

The only odd thing about this multiple quote process is you get a funny page after you send it that you usually don't get after sending a regular post (something about if you are posting to a poll or something). But you are then returned to the thread.

Okay- I think I've got it!

Thanks for the clarification. I have never tried more than 2 or 3 so I wasn't sure. :)

BTW, don't you think that the limit of 3 was rather short-sighted on the part of CC. Surely they knew that with the quality of CC membership that there would be many, many posts worthy of being quoted! Teehee.

Thanks for asking this- I never knew how to do it either!

OK, that's why we come here!!!!! To learn new stuff......:D:D

I couldn't find a + symbol anywhere, but I did find a little quotation mark icon next to the word "quote" at the bottom of each post. When you mouse over that icon, it says something about multiple quotes......so I tried it. I think it worked!

Then I looked back at your post and I see that you said "+ .........oops.......that may be one problem.....reading skills!!!! Heeheehee!

I used to quote a post, copy the html, them close it.....quote another one, paste in the previously copied html, and so on......BORING!

Thanks for the lesson!!!!!!

I couldn't find a + symbol anywhere, but I did find a little quotation mark icon next to the word "quote" at the bottom of each post. When you mouse over that icon, it says something about multiple quotes......so I tried it. I think it worked!

Then I looked back at your post and I see that you said +" .........oops.......that may be one problem.....reading skills!!!! Heeheehee!

I used to quote a post, copy the html, them close it.....quote another one, paste in the previously copied html, and so on......BORING!

Congrats to you and all of our star pupils! I will pass along Michelle's gold star. :) As to the "+", if you look carefully in the box with the "'s you will see it right below the quotes and a bit to the right (lower right hand corner of the box you clicked on. It is there - I promise. :D

Then I looked back at your post and I see that you said "+ .........oops.......that may be one problem.....reading skills!!!! Heeheehee!

Perhaps it would have been clearer had I said the "+ box. :D

Perhaps it would have been clear had I said the "+ box. :D

It was quite clear......I just didn't read carefully :o I was looking for a big + somewhere, and I missed that the " was part of the symbol that I should be looking for...........my bad!

Thanks for being patient with us goofballs!

I too always wondered the same thing....

Perhaps it would have been clearer had I said the "+ box. :D

AHHHH Gotcha....

This is the best post I have read in a while on here!!!!

Just testing this out.

Just testing this out.

Figures it wouldn't work. I typed "just testing this out" under what I thought was each quote but it only came out once. How do you reply under each quote?

Just testing this out.

Figures it wouldn't work. I typed "just testing this out" under what I thought was each quote but it only came out once. How do you reply under each quote?

So true.... Thank

How do I explain this. It isn't hard. Just not sure of my computer terms. You just place your " I " thing that moves on the screen when you move the mouse to between the quotes and type your response. Then move the " I " with the mouse to below the next quote that you want to respond to. Does that make any sense? Can anyone else say it better?

How do I explain this. It isn't hard. Just not sure of my computer terms. You just place your " I " thing that moves on the screen when you move the mouse to between the quotes and type your response. Then move the " I " with the mouse to below the next quote that you want to respond to. Does that make any sense? Can anyone else say it better?

In between the quotes the will be ledger markers at the begining and end of the quote that look similar to this....

Just type in between the end of the first quote and the begining of the next!

Archived