Need Wedding Shoes-Hard to fit

Hello ladies. I need to find shoes for my dress. I can't wear high heels and wear a 10W. I HATE buying shoes because of my wide feet, non existant arches and bunions!

I could do 2 inch heel. Any suggestions as to wear I should look for shoes? I live in DE and I'm often in South Jersey, PA, and MD.

Thanks!

Someone just sent me these sites and because I used to work at Lady foot locker I happened to notice how great it was that they offered shoes in smaller and larger sizes and some in wide... plus I like how you can search by style. HTH!

http://www.dyeableshoestore.com/custom-bridal-shoes.asp

http://www.bellissimabridalshoes.com/category/007682.shtml

Hello ladies. I need to find shoes for my dress. I can't wear high heels and wear a 10W. I HATE buying shoes because of my wide feet, non existant arches and bunions!

I could do 2 inch heel. Any suggestions as to wear I should look for shoes? I live in DE and I'm often in South Jersey, PA, and MD.

Thanks!

Nordstroms. If there isn't one near you, you can order online. Returns are easy.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR?size=10&sizename=10&width=C&widthname=C+or+D+or+W+or+Wide&catname=Women%27s+Shoes&guidednavon=Y&findertype=8&q=categoryid%3a6000675+and+extsizesize%3aC10+and+sizefindernavigator%3a8&origquery=catid%2csize%2cwidth&bd=N&catid=6000009&catid2=6000066&catid3=6000675&catname1=Women%27s+Shoes&catname2=Wedding+Shop&catname3=Bride+Shoes&navstate=catid2%2ccatid3&gn=0%2corigquery&initsearch=True&sort=4&viewall=0&searchorigin=AdvancedSearch

Look at Zappos - you can search by size, and have it only show you shoes that are available in a 10W.

For example, here are all bridal shoes available in 10W:

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722000268/size/11/width/M_12/page/1.html

If you don't like any of those, you can also limit it to all women's dress shoes in white in that size, or anything similar. I ordered mine from Zappos and got them within a day. I ordered 2 different sizes and easily sent back the one I didn't want for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

You might try http://www.zappos.com

They carry a wide variety of shoes and sizes. Also check the yellow pages where you live and see if there are any places that specialize in wide shoes.

• 1 month later...

My daughter was married 1/31/09 on the Ruby and she wore beaded foot jewelry, so did all the bridesmaid's. They were made with pearls and were pretty even with a formal wedding dress. The wedding coordinator thought they were awesome. My daughter originally wanted to be barefoot, but when she got a formal dress she changed her mind. The groom and his attendants wore black flip-flops. Perfect for a cruise wedding.

I did get my shoes from zappos! They are great and so comfortable!!!

The best part is they offer free shipping both ways.

I love-love-love Zappos. I've been buying shoes from them for a couple of years now, and they have wonderful customer service. I usually buy a shoe in two sizes because I'm not sure which will fit better and then I just send back (free of charge) the other pair. When you become a returning customer, they offer overnight shipping free of charge (otherwise it's regular shipping, but still free of charge). I ordered two pair of shoes a couple of weeks ago at 9 p.m. and they were on my doorstep the next day at 5 p.m. when I got home from work.

Jo-Ann

I used shoebuy.com and had great luck. I couldn't find what I wanted--lower heel, dressy sandal. I also have bad bunions so I find it hard to find comfortable shoes. I had tried Norstrom, Macy's, Zappo's, bridal stores, etc. The first pair I ordered did not work and I just printed off a return label and sent them back--very easy. The second pair I got were perfect (white satin, dressy sandle with about 1 - 1 1/2 inch heel). My mom ended up getting the same shoe (she had her's dyed locally). They were reasonable and had good service.

I used shoebuy.com and had great luck. I couldn't find what I wanted--lower heel, dressy sandal. I also have bad bunions so I find it hard to find comfortable shoes. I had tried Norstrom, Macy's, Zappo's, bridal stores, etc. The first pair I ordered did not work and I just printed off a return label and sent them back--very easy. The second pair I got were perfect (white satin, dressy sandle with about 1 - 1 1/2 inch heel). My mom ended up getting the same shoe (she had her's dyed locally). They were reasonable and had good service.

Your shoes sound exactly like what I am looking for, do you mind telling me which ones you ended up getting?

Your shoes sound exactly like what I am looking for, do you mind telling me which ones you ended up getting?

They were andie, coloriffics. I just looked them up on shoebuy. Unfortunately, they've gone up in price quite a bit since last year. The way there is the gap in the satin straps is what worked really well with my bunions. They have the shoe in white and several other colors (remember that the white ones can be dyed if necessary). Here is a link to the white shoe.

http://www.shoebuy.com/coloriffics-andie/186405/416583

My daughter was married 1/31/09 on the Ruby and she wore beaded foot jewelry, so did all the bridesmaid's. They were made with pearls and were pretty even with a formal wedding dress. The wedding coordinator thought they were awesome. My daughter originally wanted to be barefoot, but when she got a formal dress she changed her mind. The groom and his attendants wore black flip-flops. Perfect for a cruise wedding.

Link please?

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Hello ladies. I need to find shoes for my dress. I can't wear high heels and wear a 10W. I HATE buying shoes because of my wide feet, non existent arches and bunions!

Thanks!

Try this link they seem to have a large selection, I hope it helps. They are returnable so order a couple of them and then you can keep the pair that feel best on. When my daughter married. She wore low heels for her wedding and then when she got to the reception, she had taken a pair of new all white Keds and decorated them with glued on pearls, clear jewels, etc. and took out the laces and put in semi-wide white satin ribbon that made real pretty bows. So no hurting feet!

Designershoes.com has a large variety of sizes. For a while after I was pregnant I wore an 11 W or even WW and this was one of the only places I could find decent looking shoes. I'm back to my regular 11 now but I still find good shoes on this site.

Archived