What is Yoda Guy Gallery?

feenix

It is the gallery of the guy that created Yoda. I can't remember exactly how to get there but it is easy walking distance after you get off the boats that bring you into town. I do remember there being a fountain that you turn by and go down alittle side street.

That is probably not much help. Hopefully someone else will have real directions for you.

Kelly

He owns an art gallery. We bought a beautiful water color painting from him when we there. He just happened to be in the gallery when we were there so we met and talked with him. Nice guy. Yes...he actually created and designed yoda. He also does water colors and is quite talented. We bought a painting of the harbor of St. Marten - beautiful colors. It hangs in our dining room and is one of our most beautiful paintings. We like to buy paintings for our wedding anniversaries on our cruises as our gifts to each other. I don't remember how to get there, but it should be in one of the shopping pamphlets.

My mom and I got to meet him too in 2004 in Antiqua (he has since closed that gallery I think) he was leaving on an small plane to get back to his main gallery on St. Martin. I got a #'d print of muse on a mermaid's kiss and I LOVE it. you can go to his website and see his stuff if you google him as yoda guy or Nick Maly is his name. I bought a #'d print from him in 2006 called skylights and I enjoy it too. He will complete a certificate of authenticity for you if you ask (if you are lucky enough to catch him there)

Good luck!

There are (or were in September 2007) two locations.

One was on Front Street, the main shopping street of Philipsburg, and another on 'Old Street' which isn't really 'old', as it was created as a marketing strategy.

This is a shot of the shop on Front Street.

Here is the Old Street location.

You can see my store-by-store photos of the entire length of Front Street and of Old Street, the Boardwalk and also ALL of Orient Beach over in my Picasa Web Albums.

gary

We bought a print from him at his gallery in Antigua in 2001. He had a long discussion with hubby who is a Star Wars fan so our Yoda print has a personalized message on it.

I recall seeing the St Maarten gallery on Front Street not far from the Guavaberry Liquor Shop but did not go in as time was short and I still had a lot of shopping to do!!

On Front Street heading east (right if facing town from main beach water taxi drop off) you will see a shopping alley with a 50's type auto. Yoda Guy is just about across from the car. Alleyway has a fountain and is a lovely area.

Archived