What to do on day of embarkation?

50thBdayCruise

What do most people do on embarkation day? This is our first cruise ( POA from Honolulu, leaving 3/7/09) and we've been told the shuttle to the pier leaves the hotel at about noon, and that boarding starts at noon. But I also know that the ship doesn't actually leave until 8 p.m.

So what do most people do with their time? Check in, then leave the ship again? Board the ship, get your bearings, eat and kill time? Take a tour, then board some time before 6?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Donna

Well, after 4 cruises, things haven't changed much, lol. The first thing we do is drop off anything we carried on into our cabin. I check out the cabin and then the balcony. I may or may not unpack some toiletries...depends on whether I need to wash my face to feel refreshed or not.

Then generally we go eat, then walk around the ship a bit, then come back to the cabin to wait for the muster drill and unpack a bit more.

I LOVE to watch the sail away if I can, so whenever possible I try to be either on our balcony or another place to see it. Sometimes the muster drill happens around the same time so it's not possible.

After 4 cruises, I'm JUST as excited to get on the ship for this upcoming cruise as I was for my first cruise...it just never gets old, lol. And, we've only sailed Princess, but even though I've been on the same ship 2 twice before, it will be just as exciting to check out the Golden again, lol.

Embarkation day for us has never allowed enough time to get off the ship, but we've always left well before 8:00...if I had that much time, I'd probably get of if it was allowed and there was something to do nearby. I'm usually too excited to be onboard though, lol.

What do most people do on embarkation day? This is our first cruise ( POA from Honolulu, leaving 3/7/09) and we've been told the shuttle to the pier leaves the hotel at about noon, and that boarding starts at noon. But I also know that the ship doesn't actually leave until 8 p.m.

So what do most people do with their time? Check in, then leave the ship again? Board the ship, get your bearings, eat and kill time? Take a tour, then board some time before 6?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Donna

We did this cruise in Jan. We dropped off our luggage at the terminal, checked in but did not enter ship. We did a self walking tour in the area as there is a lot to see all within walking distance of the ship as well as china town nearby to pickup flowers lei's etc. Spent about 3 hours and had light snack in chinatown.

Once done we went right to security with our doc's and boarded ship, hassel free. We were glad that we did this as there are a lot of kodak moments around the pier, statues, palaces and govt buildings.

We sail on 1-24-09. There are three couples and everyone has different plans. We are all checking in at noon. One couple is getting off and walking to Iolani Palace for a tour. One couple is getting off and taking a taxi to go back and lay on the beach. And we (who are ship people) will go have lunch in the Skyline, explore the ship, check out our cabin, make sure our excursions and OBC are all in order, make dinner reservations, enjoy our balcony, and any other little thing that our hearts desire until dinner time. LOVE sail away from our balcony! Last cruise we hosted a sail away party on our balcony with appetizers and wine . . . it was awesome. Was thinking about hosting a dessert sail away party this time. Whatever you do, have fun! Bigred

we had a car so some of us went on a drive to the north side to the beach, out to breakfast, then to the beach at the hotel, then to the pool, then dropped the car and off to the ship-got to the ship around 330

we had a car so some of us went on a drive to the north side to the beach, out to breakfast, then to the beach at the hotel, then to the pool, then dropped the car and off to the ship-got to the ship around 330

Did you guys get the car at the airport? If so, how did you get back to the pier, taxi? Thanks in advance

Archived