First Cruise Ship of the Season

Folgy

The Holland America Amsterdam just sailed into Vancouver this morning . It is the first ship of the season to start the Alaskan Cruises for the Summer.

There is concern that the Tug Boat operators strike may cause cancellations and delayed cruises if this happens. So far things are still operating as normal.

I'm concerned as I am sailing on the Serenade of the Seas this August to Alaska.

I sure hope the strike is settled icon_eek.gif

This mornings Vancouver news explained Tugs are needed for refueling, food and other maitenance. Vancouver is very worried about what the impact will be if this strike is not settled. Rerouting or cancelling is the options they are talking about today.

Lets hope its settled soon!

Seattle says "COME ON DOWN!!!"

Okay, maybe I can't speak for the Port of Seattle, but it sounds like a good idea to me. icon_biggrin.gif

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

rmillsap

Quote:--------------------------------------

Been on 3 Alaska cruises, we never needed a tug, never saw a tug,the ships always tied up and left on their own.

----------------------------------------------

I am going on my third Alaskan cruise this August. I have seen tugs in every port and Canada Place pier when we leave and arrive.

I watch them from our Balcony suite and have taken pictures of them also. The are always present as well as Pilot boats.

Alaska (my BIG 50)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;8;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Saw the Amsterdam leave Seattle yesterday on her way to Vancouver. She is not headed to Alaska quite yet. She is doing an 18 day round trip Hawaii cruise from Seattle.

Next Cruise: 6/27/04 Sapphire Princess

Good news....the mediator has recommended the union accept the offer given, the employer has till 4:30 pm PT to accept.If so, the strike could be over and all will be back to normal...at the port of Vancouver.

Will keep all you Alaska bound informed. I myself am sailing on an 11 day hawaii-vancouver next month!

Archived