Anyone just get back from St Croix?

mumom95

Hi, I know the first Disney trip to St. Croix just got back this past weekend. We are doing this trip at the end of March, and I was hoping to get some reviews of St. Croix. So far, what I've read it hasn't been good, but I've only read a few reports.

So, anyone that just got back, do you mind letting us know how it went?

Hi, I know the first Disney trip to St. Croix just got back this past weekend. We are doing this trip at the end of March, and I was hoping to get some reviews of St. Croix. So far, what I've read it hasn't been good, but I've only read a few reports.

So, anyone that just got back, do you mind letting us know how it went?

Hello, we just got off the ship and walked locally with one of our daughters and her family (husband and 2 boys). We walked the little park area and stalls with local artisans - nice shaded area on a very hot day. Then we walked down along the water and let the kids play in the ocean. There were lots of those from the ship swimming and sunning on the little sandy beach there. We ran into a few of the Cruise Director's staff who were walking and taking photos and they were headed to end of the beach where a pink building housed "a good place for a cold drink." (We did not venture that far.) When the kids were ready to head back to the ship's pool, my wife and daughter took them and my son-in-law and walked through the shops on the other side of the town square looking for some undershirts since he had not packed enough. We walked in a big square and finally found a men's shop who did have undershirts. We passed several open air restaurants/bars where we recognized fellow shipmates enjoying a meal or a cold drink. They looked very inviting.

Walking toward the town square after leaving the ship you pass a taxi area. It appeared to be very organized by a taxi association. The taxis were all nice, newer 15 passenger vans and the drivers seemed nicely dressed.

We did not speak with anyone who took excursions. My guess is that it will take DCL a while to set up good ones but this should prove to be a great new stop for cruisers and I'm sure the island has a lot of offer.

Hello, we just got off the ship and walked locally with one of our daughters and her family (husband and 2 boys). We walked the little park area and stalls with local artisans - nice shaded area on a very hot day. Then we walked down along the water and let the kids play in the ocean. There were lots of those from the ship swimming and sunning on the little sandy beach there. We ran into a few of the Cruise Director's staff who were walking and taking photos and they were headed to end of the beach where a pink building housed "a good place for a cold drink." (We did not venture that far.) When the kids were ready to head back to the ship's pool, my wife and daughter took them and my son-in-law and walked through the shops on the other side of the town square looking for some undershirts since he had not packed enough. We walked in a big square and finally found a men's shop who did have undershirts. We passed several open air restaurants/bars where we recognized fellow shipmates enjoying a meal or a cold drink. They looked very inviting.

Walking toward the town square after leaving the ship you pass a taxi area. It appeared to be very organized by a taxi association. The taxis were all nice, newer 15 passenger vans and the drivers seemed nicely dressed.

We did not speak with anyone who took excursions. My guess is that it will take DCL a while to set up good ones but this should prove to be a great new stop for cruisers and I'm sure the island has a lot of offer.

Thanks for the positive update, it makes me feel a bit better.

We also went last week on the first trip to St. Croix for Disney. We loved it! We did not do an excursion, but when you go to the end of the pier, take a left and you will find a nice little 'mini-beach'. This proved to be more than enough for us. We spent about 5 hours there (kids took a nap) and got nice and sunburnt! There is a drink trailer, bathrooms, and a lady passing out flyers for the little pink building where you can get a 'painkiller' drink.

We only went to a couple shops, there's an open-air mini-market with all kinds of little gifts, an old fort the kids can explore...plenty to do without taking an excursion. We really liked it, and were going to book another cruise that stopped there, but it was cheaper to go to Tortola next time.

btw, we have a 3 yr old and 13 month old.

Archived