Sensory Deprivation / Isolation Tanks.

I'm not sure if this topic has ever been discussed before, but I did a search and did not find anything except discussions regarding an Alpha Capsule. I have always been fascinated by the use of a sensory deprivation / isolation tank for purposes of deep relaxation and meditation. I was curious why cruise lines have not made these available as a type of spa treatment. I feel that there would definitely be a potential cliental that would make use of this if it became available to them.

I would think that the cruise lines (multi-billion dollar businesses) do their market research and if there is anything out there, that could be implemented into their ships in order to increase revenue, they'd be all over it.

In the case of you suggest, I can't see myself going cruising to exotic ports on a fabulous, state of the art mega ship, just to end up in an isolation tank. If I was into that sort of thing, I would probably do it at home where I'm not paying the "all inclusive" prices for my daily existence, IMO. It's an interesting idea, though.

they have them in the gym on all the carnival ships. i would assume they have them on all lines, as the spa is the same concession on all lines. there i a charge to use them, can't remember how much, you just need to book it through the fitness guys in the gym.

• 1 month later...

Your comment about sensory deprivation on a cruise ship made me laugh. That would seem to be the exact opposite of what anyone would want on a cruise. But to each his own.:)

On second thought I have an idea. Get an inside cabin, put a do not disturb sign on the outside and turn off the lights.:D

Archived