kind of soda served on the crown princess?

HONEYMOONERS09

thought this was an interesting note: most of the cruise lines are looking to put the nix on bringing your own soda and water...when I say most (carnival corp, RCI, and NCL) this is an effect to bring in more money and keep prices down.

A presentation was done for the top decision makers for each of the cruise lines and they were SHOCKED at the amount of money they were losing by allowing it on board.

I don't know if it will ever go through but some didn't feel anytime dining would work....btw part of the presentation showed that the cruise lines could actually charge less for the sodas and soda cards and make more money by inforcing these standards.

Well, that's what I thought but I guess I wanted to hedge my bet, just in case I wasn't as sure of my answer as I thought.

LOL. Coca Cola does have a monopoly, don't they? I'm in a hotel right now (away on business) and unbelievably the soda machine is Pepsi! :D

If the ship had Diet Dew available I definitely would prefer to pay for it instead of having one more thing to have to haul on board with me, but since they don't have it available I will do that, as I'm not a huge coffee drinker and need my caffeine "fix" at times!

If the ship had Diet Dew available I definitely would prefer to pay for it instead of having one more thing to have to haul on board with me, but since they don't have it available I will do that, as I'm not a huge coffee drinker and need my caffeine "fix" at times!

Just take what you need initially and pick up additional supplies in port. Then again, will they have Dew in port? :confused:

Just take what you need initially and pick up additional supplies in port. Then again, will they have Dew in port? :confused:

Well, believe it or not, my DH has found it in most ports.....he had to replenish his stash:D At times, we had to really search for Mt. Dew, found it in little out of the way places....quite an adventure:)

Well, believe it or not, my DH has found it in most ports.....he had to replenish his stash:D At times, we had to really search for Mt. Dew, found it in little out of the way places....quite an adventure:)

Finding diet Pepsi in some ports is also an adventure. Finding caffeine free is impossible.

LOL. Coca Cola does have a monopoly, don't they? I'm in a hotel right now (away on business) and unbelievably the soda machine is Pepsi! :D

That's my kind of machine; I'm definately a Pepsi-holic.

On past cruises I kept filling my Jamba Juice mug with iced tea, all day long, to avoid having to deal with coke.

thought this was an interesting note: most of the cruise lines are looking to put the nix on bringing your own soda and water...when I say most (carnival corp, RCI, and NCL) this is an effect to bring in more money and keep prices down.

A presentation was done for the top decision makers for each of the cruise lines and they were SHOCKED at the amount of money they were losing by allowing it on board.

I don't know if it will ever go through but some didn't feel anytime dining would work....btw part of the presentation showed that the cruise lines could actually charge less for the sodas and soda cards and make more money by inforcing these standards.

Ugghh!!! Hope not. That would mark the end of my cruising days.:( DW will not and I mean WILL NOT travel without her Mountain Dew. Good to hear some others with the same addiction, you should hear some of the responses I get when asking if it is available at some of our vacation destinations.:eek:

Ugghh!!! Hope not. That would mark the end of my cruising days.:( DW will not and I mean WILL NOT travel without her Mountain Dew. Good to hear some others with the same addiction, you should hear some of the responses I get when asking if it is available at some of our vacation destinations.:eek:

LOL I find that really hard to believe. No dew no cruise? Pour her a Vault and she will be ok as she realizes she is on vacation away from it all.

I am just passing the info a long - cruise lines are looking at everything.

Archived