New to Meet and Greet

Randus62

I have never been to a Meet and Greet. I just set one up for my 1-24-09 cruise on the Majesty. My question is, what does NCL set up for you in the sesignated room and how long do they usually last? :D

It depends:D.

Have you contacted the ships event corodinator ?

Some times the captain or some senior staff will show. They may have juice/ coffee , cookies and a romm set aside. And they last as long as you can stand it :p

It depends:D.

Have you contacted the ships event corodinator ?

Some times the captain or some senior staff will show. They may have juice/ coffee , cookies and a romm set aside. And they last as long as you can stand it :p

Yep, conacted the ship and got the room. :D

Yep, conacted the ship and got the room. :D

E-mail or call her back and ask what they can provide.

They tend to respond better to requests than just the wait and see . We try to have meetings in the lounge areas because SOME People always like to have a cocktail :D

good luck

NCL has been very good for our meet and greets. Since you have set it up though the ship co-ordinator as have all of ours been they should have juice, coffee, cookies, danish this type of thing. NCL has always sent officers to ours and it is a great way to meet them. The officer's recognize you throughout the crise and we have enjoyed some nice chats with them. The officers will stay for as long as there schedules permit, and as long as people have questions. You are free to stay unless they need the room for something else later. We had one last 1 hour and people were meeting and mingling.

And just how do you go about setting up a Meet & Greet? For example, how would I go about contacting the ship coordinator on the Jewel?

To set up a meet and greet .

Go on your roll call and start a list of shipmates interested on attending.

Two or three weeks before your cruise E-mail groupeventjewel@ncl.com with the number of that attend. He or she will reply with the were and when info.

James Deering (who the last I heard was not with NCL any longer) the Star's Hotel Director was FANTASIC years back.

He stayed forever, told very interesting stories, answered a multitude of questions - and then had treats delivered to our room every afternoon. ;-) Loved him & that experience!

He was a definite asset to NCL.

Probably an hour. Depends on how much the group does. On our last cruise, the gang leader did name tags, somebody else brought some food treats from home, etc. We all got meet and greet. Handful of ships staff come and will hang out depending on their schedule. I am amazed that they do not have a waiter doing a cash bar. While sailing, it is always 5:00 somewhere. Ship provided coffee and tea and danish.

On our Jewel T/A one of the members had the Garden Villa and offered that. The staff moved some furninture to make room and even provided a mini buffet. Everybody got a drink in the Star bar before heading up to their room. We did a gift swap and had about 120 people in the Villa. Was a great time.

The M and G I set up on the Pearl was about 90 minutes. Through the roll call we had some fun with a gift exchange. I met with the on board ship contact prior to the meeting to make sure all went well (which it did). The ship provided coffee and cake as well as the Cruise Director and other ship executives.

• 8 months later...

A great Meet & Greet it was - Connie wants yall to set up the Meet & Mingle on our next cruise, Dec. 13, 2009 - RoyalCarib Voyager of the Sea - It would be a blast to see Randy on the climbing wall & me on the ice rink.

Party On,

Decided to not get insurance, as it cost too much to bet we are going to be sick on one week of the year. We bet we'll be fine & are now self assured.

Archived