If dining in suite..wine and dine???

Lushpuppy

Never having used W&D service.......but it's simple to order wine from room service for dinner in the suite.

And, I don't know if the W&D is standardized throughout the fleet, or whether it varies from one ship to another.

I do know that you are looking forward to enjoying your RS.....and sounds like you are going to take all atvantages of having the cabin.:)

We will be anxious to hear all about it.........when you return home.

Rick

If we are dining in our suite, can we order wine from our wine and dine package to be served with our food?

I may be wrong ( I often am, according to my wife!) but when I checked this out with RCL last month I was told that the W&D is only for bottles "delivered to one of the dining rooms and consumed there" Wine for drinking in your cabin / suite, even if to accompany a meal, has to be purchased from the "Wine Cellar" list. Big difference in price if you want to pre-purchase it on-line!

Yes you can! We did just that when we were on the Voyager of the Seas in the Mediterranean in November. We called room service and ordered a bottle from our wine package and it was delivered in short order, wine bucket with ice & wine chilling, glasses, very nice. No problem. Enjoy!

I may be wrong ( I often am, according to my wife!) but when I checked this out with RCL last month I was told that the W&D is only for bottles "delivered to one of the dining rooms and consumed there" Wine for drinking in your cabin / suite, even if to accompany a meal, has to be purchased from the "Wine Cellar" list. Big difference in price if you want to pre-purchase it on-line!

You may be recalling the events correctly, but it's entirely possible that the RCI customer service rep had no idea what he or she was talking about.;)

And online purchasing is the same price as buying onboard. They used to charge a flat fee of about $2 to the W&D bottles, but now the price includes the same 15% gratuity that you pay onboard.

Archived