Sundresses - Marilyn Monroe Style?

tdees07

I've generally found that sundresses are perfectly fine at most times during the day. However, it can get quite windy on deck during the evening, causing disruption of hair and dress. I had a very embarrassing incident on the pool deck one evening a couple of cruises ago.. I've been a little more careful with my "strolling-about-the-ship" outfits in the evening since then. :o But during the day I almost always wear skirts or sundresses, without any problems.

I usually only wear dresses while on a cruise. I have found that the boy short (undergarments) in matching colors are life savers if a gust of wind happens along. For me cruises are the only time we dress up.

Especially be careful at the top of outside stairwells going from a upper deck to the pool deck where even on a fairly windless day you will get a tunnel like effect. DW on such a day suddenly had her dress wrapped around her head when starting down that type of staircase.

Especially be careful at the top of outside stairwells going from a upper deck to the pool deck where even on a fairly windless day you will get a tunnel like effect. DW on such a day suddenly had her dress wrapped around her head when starting down that type of staircase.

I was frantically trying to hold the dress down going down the stairs. :oYikes!

You shouldn't have done that zipline in a skirt. ;)

The Flowrider....;)

All kidding aside...as long as you have something underneath you should be fine. Ive seen some men and ladies in some bathing suits that should have stayed on the rack in the store. :D

The Flowrider....;)

All kidding aside...as long as you have something underneath you should be fine. Ive seen some men and ladies in some bathing suits that should have stayed on the rack in the store. :D

Ah yes, the Flowrider. I think if I ever go on that, I will wear a wetsuit from neck to toe! :rolleyes: There were various, um, appendages hanging out all over the place while I was watching.

I shall remember that. There will be a time....but anyhow...:D

Hey - I still have to get you back for the zipline picture!:p It's open season on you! hehehehehehehe

Ah yes, the Flowrider. I think if I ever go on that, I will wear a wetsuit from neck to toe! :rolleyes: There were various, um, appendages hanging out all over the place while I was watching.

Hey - I still have to get you back for the zipline picture!:p It's open season on you! hehehehehehehe

I was just on Indy and as you mentioned, there were all kinds of stuff hanging out. Its almost as if they know its gonna happen....mmm maybe I will end on You Tube....LOL ....:D

I've heard stories from my mom about girls sewing coins or marbles into their hems to keep them from blowing up in the wind. She grew up in the country and girls HAD to wear dresses or skirts to school even in winter.

I don't know if that would be enough to save your skirt in some of the wind I've seen. I've had my skirt blown a few times. I avoid going on the decks in a skirt and now usually wear capris for casual nights. The decks can be strange - perfectly calm in one spot but go around a corner and :eek:.

Archived