Minimum time necessary to arrive at airport before flight?

sundercruiser

It's a domestic flight LGA -> MIA, leaving 6:00 am

I would say a minimum of 1 1/2 hours but some airlines want you there 2 hours prior to departure I would check with your airline to make sure, would hate to see you miss a flight I know for my upcoming flight it says 2 hours early I know in the past that other airlines have said this and I have sat around but I would rather be there and be checked in than to miss my flight or get bumped because I was late.

Susan

Momeagle36

Since you flight is at 6am, I would call the airport and verify what time your airline opens for check in (I think United is 4:30 but don't quote me on that one). Also, at the Washington DC airports, baggage must be chajed at least 45 minutes before the flight to permit security screening. I would assume NYC has similar rules. I normally allow 2 hours just in case there is a back-up at check in or security.

Thanks everybody....I am "budgeting" two hours but will confirm with LGA as to what time the place actually opens up.

Good idea. I know some airports do not open their gates before 5AM but I'd never budget 60 minutes for a NYC area airport.

Thanks everybody....I am "budgeting" two hours but will confirm with LGA as to what time the place actually opens up.

You should also contact your airline. American for example opens their counters at LGA at 3:30am , Delta at 4am.

Archived