need help...speciality restaurants on Mariner

when is the earliest you can book the speciality restaurants on the Mariner? Do their menu's change each evening. we are thinking of eating at one or the other all evening and skipping the main restaurant. Appreciate all comments.

Big Red Boat

Royal Majesty

Royal Majesty

Sensation

Sensation

Big Red Boat

Majesty

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

Century

Celebration

Horizon

Destiny

Mercury

Century

Voyager

Zenith

Mercury

Horizon

Galaxy

Summit

Horizon

Galaxy

Century

Mariner

You can make reservations once your board, not before. Not quite sure what you mean by 'eating at one or the other all evening'....Normally, those who make a reservation for Chops or Portofino's do so for their evening meal, skipping the dining room that night. The meal is served in courses and takes several hours, don't know if they'd let you 'eat ALL evening'. I guess if you are still hungry after, you could go to the dining room, the Windjammer, or JR.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

When I boarded Mariner at noon I used the phone from my cabin and had reservations in minutes. The phone number was in the daily compass they hand you when getting onboard (any onboard phone should work if your cabin is not ready).

Two notes about specialty restaurants:

1) The first evening does not require reservations. With people getting on board etc. they must do a walk-up type of seating (ours was later in the week).

2) If you need to visit the main restuarant after Chops than something is seriously wrong. They just about had to roll me out of Chops. The baked potato itself looked like a 2lb. behemoth and the prime rib was overlapping the plate.

I could've skipped breakfast the next morning after that meal! (but I didn't) icon_wink.gif

Hi Ray, Can't believe it's been over two months since the Mariner. Hope all is well in Florida.

I don't know about changing menus but the menu at Chops had a variety so you could eat there several nights and not have anything the same. It's not only steaks. Half of our table ordered a pork dish that I don't remember the name of. My husband plans to order it the next trip as everyone raved about it. As a side dish the creamed spinach was to my favorite. I don't remember all the choices as we had a large group so instead of selecting side dishes they brought out two of everything and everyone could sample it all.

Thank you everyone for your quick response. I had to laugh when someone thought I meant to "eat all evening". What I meant was to eat each evening there instead of eating in the main dinning room.

I appreciate everyone's help. We had been on the Voyager many years ago, and the food in the dinning room was ok, but compared to Celebrity's food, not great. We thought we would avoid the dinning room and just eat at the speciality restaurant every evening.

Thanks again for the laughs about eating non-stop.

Big Red Boat

Royal Majesty

Royal Majesty

Sensation

Sensation

Big Red Boat

Majesty

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

Century

Celebration

Horizon