Where to park and where to stay in brisbane???

knuffles

Hi guys

I have a question for all you seasoned travellers. We intend to drive to Brisbane stay in a motel the night before our cruise and also we need to find somewhere to park the car for a week any suggestions?

best way would i think to ring the racq or what it in nsw they can tell the of some where to go. there a place called air port parking or gateway parking they are long term parking with a good price and a bus that will take you to the ship there other places too but i think off them

There are a few long term near the airport. (Do not use the airport long ter though) These have shuttle buses.

There is a F1 motel near the airport. I recently stayed at one of these in Gosford before our last cruise and found it to be very cheap, very plain, but clean and tidy. Very similar to an interior cabin on a cruise line actually.

If you want something special there are plenty of good motels in the city. If leaving on a weekend there always seems to be specials around.

Within walking distance of the Portside terminal in Brisbane is the Kingsford Smith Motel, they have a website I believe, there are also some others along Kingsford Smith Drive.

Also the city isn't too far away, and you could always catch the City Cat ferry back to the wharf (or close to it, a short walk) on sailing day.

There is parking at a couple of places near the airport and they do provide shuttles to the wharf - I think there's some info for them on the Portside website as well.

We park at Andrews Parking - which will 'shuttle' you to and from the cruise terminal - if you're a RACQ (or affiliated inter-state auto-club member I think) you can get a 10% discount - information and booking is availble (for the discounted price) through the RACQ website ... or directly (without the discount) through their own (Andrews Parking) website.

I think for us for 9 nights was just over the $100 mark for undercover/secure parking.

Thanks again for all your help.

I found a motel that offers long term parking and will shuttle you to cruise terminal all at a reasonable rate if anyone else is interested it is the Airport Motel and it is close by.

• 8 months later...
Is there no parking at Brisbane Terminal?

no long term parking at bris cruise terminal

there is andrews parking up the road who will bus you to the treminal,

there is parking if you just droping off or picking up poeple , and you can park there for the day

The suburb where Portside is, is called Hamilton and if you look at the Hamilton Motor Inn it is within walking distance of the Terminal and they also offer secure parking while you are away. I suggest you ring and find out details.
thats a great idea plus there is racq is great for booking thought 12 nights $110, gateway parking, i parking andrews parking, air port parking all very close to the gate way toll road and all have buses to take you to the cruise terminal, if you NotOurRealNames real back there are links you can use to find a lot of this out if you cant find what you are looking for ask me or some one else will find it for you im shore.

• 2 weeks later...
hi,we stayed at the pegasus motor inn & left our car in their secuered carpark,hav to book thru a travel agent as they are phasing out leaving yr car there while on holidays,walking distance to the hamilton bowling club & the terminal,it was about 150 for a week,very nice......

andrews parking is just up the road , there $110 for 13 nights or days, with there shuttle bus takes you to the terminal and picks you up at the end of the cruise.though racq and under cover parking

Archived