Glass Blowing Excursion - Skagway

Cattravel10

• 2 years later...

If money is not important and you have never blown glass before, you'll probably have a good time. You will get a small glass ball but there's little hands-on involved in the experience. You can buy much nicer pieces in the gift shop for considerably less than what you pay for this excursion. The gardens are beautiful and lunch is quite good, but overall this excursion is not a good value for the money, particularly if you have blown glass before. Be sure to ask questions at the excursion desk and if they promise you can make something other than a ball, get it in writing.

Alright, so the excursion costs $175 on Celebrity. I am going on my cruise July 22!

I am currently looking for a plan for Skagway too.

Right Off of their website~

http://www.jewellgardens.com/gardentours.html

Walk up admission is $12.00 per adult, $6.00 for kids 12 years and under and includes a self-guided walking tour map of the garden.

Hungry?

Our on site Poppies Restaurant offers a delicious fixed-menu lunch daily 11 am - 3 pm from mid-May through mid-September. We offer perhaps the widest and most ecclectic selection of wines in Southeast Alaska, as well as delicious organic beers!

I am certain I could find an inexpensive method of transportation there... I am thinking this might just bring my visit there to $50-$60. I do not need to blow glass myself. Why? But I do need to buy something beautiful, so I will leave that up to the pro's to create. Watching their techniques will suit me just fine. I want to walk, take in the scenery and shoot some pics and enjoy. This saves me over $100 going at it on my own.

This is certainly an option for Skagway!

I hope this helps.

DeAnna

Great plan! That's the way to get a good experience out of this place for a reasonable price. In the future, I'll do better research instead of trusting the excursion desk. It cost us $199 each on HAL and I guess we didn't even rate a walking tour map. The drive from the dock only took about 10-15 minutes. Good luck and hope to hear how this worked out for you.

Archived