Is the steam room free on the Splendor?

michelle2

From the deck plans it looks like the sauna on the Splendor is attached to the locker room just like other ships I have been on. But, the steam room looks like it is part of the Thermal Suite. Does anyone know if the regular steam room is free on the Splendor?

From the deck plans it looks like the sauna on the Splendor is attached to the locker room just like other ships I have been on. But, the steam room looks like it is part of the Thermal Suite. Does anyone know if the regular steam room is free on the Splendor?

hhhhmmmmmmmm...interesting...the layout is weird!

I love the steam room...much better than the sauna.

SLSPA_07.GIF

We were on the Splendor in November. (Spa Balcony)

The steam rooms shown by the Thalasso Pool are private. However, I know they do have a Sauna for men and women like on all the other cruise ships that are free.

You have to walk through the Gym to get to them.

Here is a floor plan... Select SPA deck...that is the deck they are on...

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SL

We were in Cabin 1116 and LOVED IT!!!

We were on the Splendor in November. (Spa Balcony)

The steam rooms shown by the Thalasso Pool are private. However, I know they do have a Sauna for men and women like on all the other cruise ships that are free.

You have to walk through the Gym to get to them.

Here is a floor plan... Select SPA deck...that is the deck they are on...

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SL

We were in Cabin 1116 and LOVED IT!!!

So unlike every other ship...there is NO steam room next to the sauna in the locker rooms?

That freaking stinks!!!!

:mad:

We just upgraded to a 4S cabin, inside cabin in the Cloud9 Spa section. I'm SO looking forward to the mineral pool and the thermal suites. Those are included with the cabin, right?

I hate to type this....but sadly, last time I checked...if someone is upgraded from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin...they do not get the wristbands that allow them to use the unlimited Thalasso Pool. That will still cost you $35.00 each for each day you want to use it.

I know this because we were actually upgraded from a Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony and we had the hardest time getting our wristbands because it only showed "upgraded" on the computer.

It did not show that we had PAID for those wristbands by booking a SPA interior. We finally got it settled 24 hours later....but it was a pain in the rear.

So unless Carnival has changed that policy, if you are upgraded from a regular cabin (interior or balcony) to a SPA Interior or Balcony ... you do not get the wristband.

You do get the cute little slippers AND the extra special shampoo and conditioner...which I LOVED.

I hate to type this....but sadly, last time I checked...if someone is upgraded from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin...they do not get the wristbands that allow them to use the unlimited Thalasso Pool. That will still cost you $35.00 each for each day you want to use it.

I know this because we were actually upgraded from a Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony and we had the hardest time getting our wristbands because it only showed "upgraded" on the computer.

It did not show that we had PAID for those wristbands by booking a SPA interior. We finally got it settled 24 hours later....but it was a pain in the rear.

So unless Carnival has changed that policy, if you are upgraded from a regular cabin (interior or balcony) to a SPA Interior or Balcony ... you do not get the wristband.

You do get the cute little slippers AND the extra special shampoo and conditioner...which I LOVED.

Hi LHP. Bonnie/peaceful from the Splendor cruise...I met you briefly at the group cocktail party...

I am booked on the Dream...the price of our cabin (8G) is not far from that of a Spa Balcony cabin (I heard you were upgraded to a Spa cabin...). We are three...am I right that only 2 of three are included in the spa perks? Does the third have to pay that fee? I know you are a family of three.

You were ahead of us in line for debarkation, headed for the Freedom. I didn't get to say anything, as you were fully engaged in conversation with someone else. Hope we cross paths again. Thanks.

Hi LHP. Bonnie/peaceful from the Splendor cruise...I met you briefly at the group cocktail party...

I am booked on the Dream...the price of our cabin (8G) is not far from that of a Spa Balcony cabin (I heard you were upgraded to a Spa cabin...). We are three...am I right that only 2 of three are included in the spa perks? Does the third have to pay that fee? I know you are a family of three.

You were ahead of us in line for debarkation, headed for the Freedom. I didn't get to say anything, as you were fully engaged in conversation with someone else. Hope we cross paths again. Thanks.

HEY girl.... "you were fully engaged in conversation" is code for

this woman will talk to a WALL!!! LOL And she is sooooo right!!!!

We were upgraded from a Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony....so we did "finally" get our wristbands....and yes, they only give you 2 per cabin BUT (and there is always a BUT)...the wristbands are the plastic kind like those that Lance Armstrong sold ... so you can slip them on and off.

While ALL 3 can't be in there at one time...you could rotate 2 at a time.

You will get 3 pairs of Slippers!!! woo hoo

We had a great time at the cocktail party....I do hope we get to sail together again....and I hope next time we really get a chance to talk!!!

We were upgraded from a Spa Interior to a Spa Balcony....so we did "finally" get our wristbands....and yes, they only give you 2 per cabin BUT (and there is always a BUT)...the wristbands are the plastic kind like those that Lance Armstrong sold ... so you can slip them on and off.

While ALL 3 can't be in there at one time...you could rotate 2 at a time.

You will get 3 pairs of Slippers!!! woo hoo

We had a great time at the cocktail party....I do hope we get to sail together again....and I hope next time we really get a chance to talk!! For sure, we will visit longer. I enjoy meeting those I know from CC.

Okay, you've got me...fully engaged...talk to a wall...all the same.

Thanks for the information. I am happy to be planning another cruise.

Bonnie

We had a great time at the cocktail party....I do hope we get to sail together again....and I hope next time we really get a chance to talk!! For sure, we will visit longer. I enjoy meeting those I know from CC.

Okay, you've got me...fully engaged...talk to a wall...all the same.

Thanks for the information. I am happy to be planning another cruise.

Bonnie

That is my husband's favorite statement about me....that I will talk to a WALL! LOL

I never meet a stranger and the conversation usually becomes long and involved.

Enjoy planning that next cruise...that is what I live for...well, that and KARAOKE!!!! woo hoo

That is my husband's favorite statement about me....that I will talk to a WALL! LOL

I never meet a stranger and the conversation usually becomes long and involved.

Enjoy planning that next cruise...that is what I live for...well, that and KARAOKE!!!! woo hoo

I love to sing, too. Funny, I have never sung Karoke....maybe we will cruise again together and tear it up. Thanks for your response.

I figure that they did this whole "primo spa" thing on Splendor since she is on the west coast, and it seems like folks over there are more apt to use and pay exta for spa services. I hope this is just a one ship deal because I really like the steam bath. I also really liked the hot tubs in the spa, but thats another issue....:rolleyes:

I figure that they did this whole "primo spa" thing on Splendor since she is on the west coast, and it seems like folks over there are more apt to use and pay exta for spa services. I hope this is just a one ship deal because I really like the steam bath. I also really liked the hot tubs in the spa, but thats another issue....:rolleyes:

The thing I liked best about Carnival was that the didn't have class ditinction like RCCL. I hope the aren't going that way.

The thing I liked best about Carnival was that the didn't have class ditinction like RCCL. I hope the aren't going that way.

(In a Victorian Era British accent) Please sir, might I have just a little more time in the steam bath?

NO! Back to the oars and bilge pumps you swine! Steerage can't use the tepidarum, you'll just muck it up with your lice!

:D:D:p:p

Nah, I don't think its anything so insidious. It just seems like a little more nickel and diming for stuff that used to be free.

...if someone is upgraded from a regular cabin to a Spa cabin...they do not get the wristbands that allow them to use the unlimited Thalasso Pool. That will still cost you $35.00 each for each day you want to use it.

I get what you're saying, however I actually changed our reservation before the final payment was due specifically to choose the inside Spa cabin when the price went down enough to afford it. So I upsold myself! I will be sure to print out my e-docs showing I paid for the 4S cabin to be sure we get our wristbands!

One question for you though, with the private elevator access, are there restrictions on when you can go into the spa area? I imagine it is closed at some point during the night, but probably opens up at 6am or so? My hubby always goes to the spa to use the showers there, instead of the puny ones in the cabin. It will be just SO much easier now!! I can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm steamed about the steam charge Carnival is adding. The $35 maybe worth it for the whole spa thing, but all I want is the steam room. I just use the steam room for about 15 minutes a day. This comes out to about $2.33 per minute for me. That's too much for steam. Not worth it. Carnival should sell a "Steam" wrist band for a reasonable rate or keep it included by slightly modifying it's total costs. I know people may disagree with including it and modifying total costs, but I rarely watch the shows that are included.

One thing I do like about cruises is paying for the cruise and tips in advance and then enjoing without worrying about additional costs. I hate nickel and diming things. That may make me go back to land vacations where I pay for everything separately. I'm glad the steam is still included on most Carnival ships.

OK.. another question about this on Splendor if anyone knows ... is use of the steam room included with a spa treatment? In land based spas, use of the facilities are included with your treatment for the day - even if they have a seperate day use fee available for people who don't purchase treatments.

As long as you PAID for the upgrade to the 4S, the thermal suite and thalossotherapy pool are included; if it was a complimentary upgrade, they are not. For those not booked in a spa room, there is a pass to use both for $35 a day.. and worth every penny!

There are two or three large showers in the locker room. They are a combination of shower/steamroom. Just push the button to get steam...

not exactly the same as a real steamroom, but it's free.

Thanks for the information. I may try this out if I'm missing my free steam room.

There are two or three large showers in the locker room. They are a combination of shower/steamroom. Just push the button to get steam...

not exactly the same as a real steamroom, but it's free.

It's totally enclosed and you can sit down?

:confused:

Archived