Transferring my Booking to a Travel Agent today.

Thought this might be a helpful tip to post. Royal Caribbean has a form on their site called "Travel Agency Transfer Form". I googled it and went to the site, then printed it off. I'm sure your travel agent would send you one. Mine did but the one that was sent printed rather "fuzzy" and I need to fax it in so I wanted a nice crisp form. It looks to be an easy process to fill out the few lines of the form, then fax or mail it into the cruise ship. The info is on the form.

I found an agent who is offering some great perks. On top of the discounts and sales that I've been finding and applying, I went to the site that allows agents to compete for your business (googled it). The offers began to come in right away. It turned out that an agent from my site had posted. The agency is reputable. Her perk offer was $250 in OBC's. I was happy with that and wrote back, requesting an upgrade to either Portofino's or Chops Grille and she said she would do that too. I also get some sort of coupon book, which I know nothing about. I'm very happy with the offer and am faxing in my Travel Agent Transfer Form today.

This site has saved me a TON of money!

Are you aware that once you change to a TA, you can not make any changes to your reservation without the TA doing it for you. I'm not saying not to do it, just wanted to make sure you were aware as I've had many problems trying to make changes and my TA never being available.

Good luck. :)

Are you aware that once you change to a TA, you can not make any changes to your reservation without the TA doing it for you. I'm not saying not to do it, just wanted to make sure you were aware as I've had many problems trying to make changes and my TA never being available.

Good luck. :)

Thanks...Yes, I went over that one back and forth about giving up my freedom that way, but I made 6 changes after booking and got a great deal on my room. I just did a cost comparison a minute ago for the identical cruise, in the same room category....I got the sales and it is running $1800 more (departing in a little over a month)...Mine departs in the high season one month after that and I am saving a bundle. Every room in this category is booked, so I doubt that there will be any more sales. If it happens, I can still call the agent and ask her to request the discount. If she does a good job, I'll use her again in the future.

I just figured the only extras I would get at this point, will be from a TA. I'll still watch for drops and see how that goes....

Thahks for the pointers. I have learned SO MUCH from the shared tips here.

Archived