JS - Concierge Lounge

I just read a post from 2007 where a JS cruiser was bragging about how close the Concierge Lounge was from his cabin.

It was my understanding that JS cruisers are not welcome in the Concierge Lounge.

Am I correct? Has anyone in a JS been able to visit the CL on a Voyager class, specifically Mariner?

Junior suites have not included concierge privileges for quite some time now. Current RCI literature is quite specific about this. It is possible that the person who you refer to was either a Diamond or Diamond plus member of the Crown and Anchor Society. As such he would have access regardless of the category of stateroom he booked.:)

There was one year when the RCI catalogs were incorrectly printed stating that JS had concierge privileges. So they honored JS admission - if requested - for a short period of time. Not sure if that could have been during the time frame of the post you referenced?

This is most likely. It was a hot topic in 2007 due to a brochure mis-print.

OhioTeacherDude, it is also possible that the person was a Diamond C&A member. That is the only way you can get into the CL while staying in a JS.

This is most likely. It was a hot topic in 2007 due to a brochure mis-print.

OhioTeacherDude, it is also possible that the person was a Diamond C&A member. That is the only way you can get into the CL while staying in a JS.

And it is stricter now than just a year ago. A couple of years ago......if we let the conceirge know of a guest staying in a JS.......they would allow it. That stopped last year..........and now I know why. I was not aware of the brochure mis-print!

Rick

I was not aware of the brochure mis-print!

Oh yea, and what a stir it created....at least, around here it did. You know how that goes. :rolleyes:;)

Actually, it wasn't even a direct mis-print. In the part of the brochure that said "Pick a room, any room," The room categories were split up and the JS was included in the suite category. Somewhere else, the brochure said that suite guests got concierge service. Well, you can image what evolved from that!

Archived