Queen Victoria Deck 5 (or6)

Fleetwood15

Those photos of QV are great, very informative with the labels.

Well I've been trying to decide between a port side deck 6 and a starboard side deck 7. Both cabins acually work out to be in the exact same position but just one deck level apart and one port and the other starboard. I've chosen the starboard deck 7 but it's possibly ealy enough to do a change over- if the other one is still free. What would any of you chosen?

Port Out Starboard Home

Many thanks for posting the photos. The bow shot illustrates perfectly many of the points we were discussing yesterday. I hope you don't mind, I've taken the liberty of adding a few more labels. Cabins 6.003 (stbd) and 6.004 (port) are the ones that are advertised on the Cunard deckplans as having "forward facing oceanviews", but you can see that this is restricted to a single, rather small window. The cabins themselves are slightly unusual as their long axes are parallel to the corridor. You can also just see from your photo that access is occasionally possible through the gym to another forward facing deck section above the bridge. However, that appears to be secured more often than the areas on 6 and 7 decks.

Jimmy

BowviewQV.jpg

Hello

Thank you (and to everyone) for all this information - it is really useful as I've booked my parents cabin 6003 for a cruise later in the year and have been worrying if I have chosen wisely for them.

I was wondering if anyone has seen inside these cabins or knows what the layout is like. We've had cabins 1116 & 8 aft on QE2 before, which were narrow and approx 190sq ft, so i'm expecting something similar.

(I'm sailing on Queen Victoria for the first time at the end of April, so when they allocate our cabin no. I'll probably be asking more questions)

many thanks for your help

Sharon

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has seen inside these cabins or knows what the layout is like. We've had cabins 1116 & 8 aft on QE2 before, which were narrow and approx 190sq ft, so i'm expecting something similar.

(I'm sailing on Queen Victoria for the first time at the end of April, so when they allocate our cabin no. I'll probably be asking more questions)

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

unfortunately I haven't seen inside those cabins so I can't give you any more info on them. However, I was very impressed with all the cabins that I did see on QV including our own.

Are you on Mediterranean Medley I ? If so, I'll see you there.

Jimmy

Ah - but we haven't been told where he/she's going yet :)

J

Well we're going to the Med. So we can't change cabins in Rome for the trip back lol. So I thought starboard would be the better choice as we start with three sea days on the way down. On the other hand I could save £100 by going down a deck - and cover the cost of parking. And I'm giving that serious thought at the moment.

Well we're going to the Med. So we can't change cabins in Rome for the trip back lol. So I thought starboard would be the better choice as we start with three sea days on the way down. On the other hand I could save £100 by going down a deck - and cover the cost of parking. And I'm giving that serious thought at the moment.

Ah - I think we're on the same cruise. Looking forward to meeting you.

J

Hi Sharon,

unfortunately I haven't seen inside those cabins so I can't give you any more info on them. However, I was very impressed with all the cabins that I did see on QV including our own.

Are you on Mediterranean Medley I ? If so, I'll see you there.

Jimmy

Thank you, Jimmy I'm sure my parents will be happy.

Yes, we're on the Mediterranean Medley I. I'm really looking forward to it - only 13 weeks on Monday - see you then.

kind regards

Sharon

Archived