Reserved seating in shows?

Brandis

In a review of someone staying in a courtyard villa it was mentioned, that the concierge always welcomed them in the reserved section of the theatre. Never heard about this before, is this a regular service to all suite passengers, just for the villas or maybe even a service just by this particular concierge?

Some people don't even realize that it is a reserved seating area.;)

It's really a great perk. We were able to walk in at the last minute and always had front row seats in the balcony. The section is marked VIP and the concierge did ask a couple of folks to leave. The most people I saw there was maybe 10 for the 30-40 seats. Liked this alot as we otherwise probably would have skipped some shows.

It's really a great perk. We were able to walk in at the last minute and always had front row seats in the balcony. The section is marked VIP and the concierge did ask a couple of folks to leave. The most people I saw there was maybe 10 for the 30-40 seats. Liked this alot as we otherwise probably would have skipped some shows.

I think it's a great perk and certainly the people who book those suites are entitled. I have a friend who sat there and literally had NO idea that they were reserved. When we told her, she said that she had sat there every night. Totally oblivious.

There is a section for AA, A2, A3 & A4 courtyard villas, and A1 Garden Villa guests only. Its on the upper deck and off to the side. You will see a sign. AB suite guests might be allowed also.

On ships without courtyard villas the section is for all suite passengers (excluding mini-suite, of course).

We got a 'suite' deal for our cruise next week. I just remembered this perk, which means we might hit more shows than normal. We often skip some as we can not go early and just sit there and WAIT for the show to start.

Cool

Some ships also have reserved seating in the front row for any guest if you guarantee a bar purchase (I believe the dollar amount is $25).

I know for a fact the Spirit does this (or did at least when we sailed her last February).

But' date=' we have used those seats in the past with Anshuman's permission. :D

PE[/quote']

Ahh, Anshuman. The man works wonders. I cannot imagine having that job....so many special requests. I'd bet that ours was one of the weirdest he's ever gotten, but he complied with a smile. There were 14 of us sailing the Dawn and we drove to NY. And to transport all that luggage, we drove our huge 4 WD pickup. On the day we disembarked, it was pouring down rain. So we asked Anshuman for some trash bags to cover our luggage. He looked at us strangely and said, "let me make sure I understand....you want what?".....(must have thought "what a bunch of hillbillies" LOL) but within a few minutes, a whole box of trash bags were delivered to our room. What service! I cannot imagine how strange some of the requests to Conceirge's are. :)

CG

According to PE, no.. and I do trust PE's knowledge. Two things I am sure of though.. I think if you asked to be included you probably could be. There are people like my DDP and I who have been to two, maybe three shows in our 7 cruises. So I doubt the seats are filled all the time. We just are not that into them. And the other thing I am sure of is they are, in general, not that great of seats. I have read on here many many times how folks that sat in the reserved section said they could have gotten better seats if they had just gone and sat down somewhere.

And the other thing I am sure of is they are, in general, not that great of seats. I have read on here many many times how folks that sat in the reserved section said they could have gotten better seats if they had just gone and sat down somewhere.

Kind'a like handicapped parking, I've seen where some that use the handicapped parking spaces could have walked less from standard spaces near the front door. But then there are those that just want to be different or think they are getting special treatment.

Lubbock -

My mom has a handicapped placard and when I drive her I use it so she doesn't get winded. I will leave a "regular" spot if there is a handicapped nearby (especially since there are many handicapped available" and let someone else "get lucky" with a close spot. I am not trying to "act special", just considerate.

We were in an AE on the Pearl in Dec and had reserved seating in the balcony for the shows. Many empty seats. Someone directed us to the area the first night but after that we could just go there and choose whatever seats we wanted. We would go there 5 min before the show and always got a seat. Very nice perk.

We have stayed in AB on the old POH and AC on Pearl. There is a reserved section for penthouse and above in the balcony. It is nice to not have to search for a seat. Several times we got the stares and looks as we were escourted to our seats. You concierge will know you when you walk in from Cagneys and just dealing with him or her daily. When they see you coming, they get you seated, get your drinks going etc.

Archived