Booked Joyce Prince - have questions

FurKids

After reading all the wonderful reviews we emailed Joyce Prince and were able to book a private tour. I'm nervous because we had to email our credit card number to her...is this the usual procedure? Also, this is the first non-ship related tour we have ever done...has anyone ever had any problems getting back to the ship on time?

Thanks for any input.

After reading all the wonderful reviews we emailed Joyce Prince and were able to book a private tour. I'm nervous because we had to email our credit card number to her...is this the usual procedure? Also, this is the first non-ship related tour we have ever done...has anyone ever had any problems getting back to the ship on time?

Thanks for any input.

We were back in plenty of time. Tell Joyce that you will fax your credit card, and when you do actually send the fax, tell her that you did. We handled it this way and had no problems.

FurKids: We booked & travelled with Joyce in Feb of 2008.We emailed her our credit card # but on 2 different days which was her suggestion. She is a great guide & very proud of her island. She will cater to your wants & needs. Knows all the best places for pictures. She first took us to Rima's then thru downtown to get an idea of where to shop. At the end of the tour she dropped us off downtown so we could shop. We walked back to the ship. She sent us Christmas wishes this year. You can't go wrong with her. Enjoy her knowledge & personality.

Thanks for any input.

My wife and I used Joyce last Sept. No problems. The other couple didn't show, so we had a private tour and went to see some areas she normally doesn't cover.

We mostly do independent tours and it isn't very often that they require you to email your info anymore. There was absolutely no problem and if there ever was it would be posted on this forum immediately and she would be out of business. Being out of business is another reason she'll have back to the ship on time. Be sure to try the guavaberry liqueur.

We just took a tour of the island with Joyce on January 15th and really enjoyed it. She's very pleasant and made the day very enjoyable. We are adventurous and always like to try local cuisine. She recommended a place for lunch which had fabulous island cuisine, we had delicious island food at very reasonable prices, although the place was a little run down by American standards and I don't think it would appeal to everyone. We loved it! We highly recommend Joyce. :)

We were the other couple with you on Joyce's tour, and we wholeheartedly agree that Joyce Prince is a wonderful guide, packing in the most interesting sights and comments. We highly recommend her...she is a delight! All the best to you and your husband from your Chicago "partners".

• 5 weeks later...

Does Joyce run you credit card upon the reservation or is it just used in case you were a no show? Don't mind giving the info. but would rather pay cash when I arrive. Also don't want my card ran if for some reason the ship is unable to go to that port.

How many people does she book each tour? We used Bernard once, and he fills a small bus with app. 20 people.

2) What is the cost.

3) Can someone give a brief breakdown what stops she takes? Time at a beach?

We too had a private tour with Joyce. She asked and we gave the cc in advance but told her we wanted to pay cash. She did not process the card - just held the info. She was an amazing guide. We wanted to eat at a "local" spot. She took us to a great beach shack. She is intelligent, funny, kind and considerate. Our teen son thought she was "cool". Need I say more?

Does Joyce run you credit card upon the reservation or is it just used in case you were a no show? Don't mind giving the info. but would rather pay cash when I arrive. Also don't want my card ran if for some reason the ship is unable to go to that port.

The card is only used if you no show. If the ship doesn't make it, she does not collect any payment.

We just got back from the Disney Magic Eastern Itinerary stops of St. Maarten (were there Feb. 17, 2009) & St. Thomas (Feb. 18). In St. Maarten we arranged for a tour with Joyce Prince (I had read reviews about her on cruisecritic.com) and she was FABULOUS!!! She provided a car seat for my toddler, had a cooler full of beverages for all of us in the back of her brand new, very clean, air conditioned American made SUV. She asked what things we wanted to see ahead of time, and was so easy to work with. Our toddler was a little grumpy in the late morning, and Joyce was so helpful, even suggesting a stop for French pastries in Marigot (which did the trick for him).

She will take you wherever you want to go, including spending time at beaches, visiting the "insider's stop" for souvenir shopping, etc. We saw the entire island, got a good dose of history, and stopped for many photo ops. Anything that looked interesting, she would accommodate. We had a tour of 4 hours. My older boys (ages 12 & 14) raved about the tour! St. Thomas could not compare after this, and Miss Joyce.

In St. Thomas, we just took a taxi into town and shopped. It was kind of disappointing. Probably because we didn't see more than the commercialized part, but Joyce Prince and St. Maarten were great! The peace of mind we received from having a safe vehicle with seat belts for everyone and a car seat for the baby were priceless. Just walking up to a driver and asking for a tour is not going to get you those ammenities. The price was $40 per person (baby was free), another 2 people were supposed to be with us, but they bombed out at the last minute (didn't take their cruise, or something), so we had the "private" tour for our family at the "group" price, but I still think it would've been just as great even with 2 extra people.

Archived