Century - Cozumel Catamaran & snorkel

niborHS

Before you all try to chew me out because I posted on this board instead of the Ports of Call, I want to tell you that I did a search of that board, and found that others have asked about this excursion and got no response, so I decided to try here.

Has anyone done it? I am going to be on the Century 1/22 with 3 women, 2 who have never cruised before. We would like to try snorkeling, and one suggested the Catamaran excursion. Are we going to get the kind of nice catamaran that we might expect, or just a junky double-hulled boat. If someone can give me a clue, I would appreciate it.

Before you all try to chew me out because I posted on this board instead of the Ports of Call, I want to tell you that I did a search of that board, and found that others have asked about this excursion and got no response, so I decided to try here.

Has anyone done it? I am going to be on the Century 1/22 with 3 women, 2 who have never cruised before. We would like to try snorkeling, and one suggested the Catamaran excursion. Are we going to get the kind of nice catamaran that we might expect, or just a junky double-hulled boat. If someone can give me a clue, I would appreciate it.

If you can't find an answer on CC, just Google "cozumel catamaran snorkel tour" and two well-known companies come up, both with photos. There may be others. Can compare doing the tour privately or with X. Using the company names, you will find many reviews on CC Cozumel board, one quite recent.

Thanks for that suggestion. I didn't search the board yet, but had noticed people mentioning Fury, and not sure that is what we want. Will try to search for the other. One problem is though that we don't get in until 11:30, and some of the private companies only have tours leaving earlier than that. I can't remember the last time I took a ship's tour in the Caribbean, and I have always been very happy with whatever private tour we have done. These boards have helped me out a lot with that.

Fury is fine if you are more interested in free booze than a good snorkeling experience.

The "snorkeling" lasted all of about 20 minutes. The catamaran used was fine and was in good shape. The crew was friendly and helpful. The time at the beach was nice. If getting blitzed on beer and tequila is what you want, go for it. But the snorkeling part of it was not so great.

Hi! We are also going to be on that same cruise. We have snorkeled before in Cozumel in a few spots, and it does kind of matter where they take you. We were considering the same excursion as you are, so maybe we will see you on the catamaran.

John & Shari

I've been on the same excursion through royal caribbean, I asssume it's the same or very similar to celebrity.

Don't bother.

The snorkeling was near the port in water with nothing but a few random fish. The beach party was OK, but the time spent in the boat (which is motorized, no sails) exceeded the time on the water or the beach.

Archived