Barcelona - Hotel Jazz or Hotel Continental?

I am trying to choose between Hotel Jazz and Hotel Continental for pre-cruise stay in Barcelona. Using Google Earth, I've done a virtual tour of the areas around both hotels. I love the location of Hotel Continental on the Ramblas, but I've read the rooms are on the shabby side.

Jazz has a clean, neat, modern theme, but the location seems so-so. Is anyone familar with both? thanks.

We haven't stayed in either ... yet ... but have booked the Jazz pre-cruise in July. We picked the location for the reasons Oakman details above. Placa Catalunya is at one end of Las Ramblas (the other end is near the port) and folks says the Ramblas is special and gets even better the further you are way from the port area. So, the Jazz location seems perfect.

we stayed in the Hotel Jazz last year. The rooms were lovely and nice and modern too. The beds were very big and soft...well for Barcelona. We took the bus from the airport and it was very easy to find. a mere five minutes walk to the Ramblas. It was also quiet, the breakfast was self service but good and plentiful.We had a small balcony. Would definately go back again. They had interent too but not sure about how much as I did not use it

Staying at the Jazz Hotel for one night post cruise in June. Just booked it yesterday. After hours of research, The Jazz seemed well located, affordable, and had better reviews on mutiple websites. Roof top pool and views were a plus too.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete two years ago. The room was definetly not shabby.
The post was regarding the Continental on Las Ramblas, the Continental Palacette is owned by the same people but is much better. Of the 2 the Jazz would be my choice.

The Jazz looks nice but I understand that it is above the subway. Does anyone know how much of a vibration you feel?

Thanks

OP here. Read about the subway vibrations on another travel website...Maybe a high floor would experience the vibrations less. So far, I am leaning towards the Jazz based on experiences posted in this thread. I really appreciate your suggestions. I can't wait to see Barcelona. This will be my first trip to Europe!

We were in Barcelona in September and stayed at the Hotel Jazz. It was very good. The location is about 2 blocks from The Ramblas and the City Tour Bus stop is just outside the door across the street. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. The service was excellent. They also offered free internet service. We will stay there on our next trip to Barcelona.

Archived