Courtyard East Fort Lauderdale

vnoyes

We got Courtyard Marriott East Fort Lauderdale (Federal Hwy?) via Priceline for $80 Feb 22 for pre-cruise stay. What would be best transportation options from FLL? Looks to be 8 miles away. I can get a car rental for $39 total. Are there restaurants near this hotel and how far from a beach would we be? Thanks very much!!

If you can get a rental car for $39 total, do it. We live very close to the Courtyard Marriott and when we have a very early flight and take a taxi it close $40.00

The beach is approx 2-3 miles from the hotel, due east. The Marriott is on the corner of Federal Hwy & Commercial Blvd. Just take Commericial Blvd east and you'll be at the beach in a matter of minutes.

That area of the beach is Lauderdale-by-Sea which is a quaint little town with restaurants. Most famous there is Aruba Restaurant which is right on the beach with great views. Yummy spicy lobster sandwich on Bimini Bread is a fav and is huge.

More upscale, pricier restaurant is Blue Moon which is on the Intracoastal and outdoor/indoor dining. As you are going east towards the beach, you will go over the Commercial Blvd bridge over the intracoastal, you will see Blue Moon on the right side (north) on the east side of the intracoastal.

If you can get a rental car for $39 total, do it. We live very close to the Courtyard Marriott and when we have a very early flight and take a taxi it close $40.00

The beach is approx 2-3 miles from the hotel, due east. The Marriott is on the corner of Federal Hwy & Commercial Blvd. Just take Commericial Blvd east and you'll be at the beach in a matter of minutes.

That area of the beach is Lauderdale-by-Sea which is a quaint little town with restaurants. Most famous there is Aruba Restaurant which is right on the beach with great views. Yummy spicy lobster sandwich on Bimini Bread is a fav and is huge.

More upscale, pricier restaurant is Blue Moon which is on the Intracoastal and outdoor/indoor dining. As you are going east towards the beach, you will go over the Commercial Blvd bridge over the intracoastal, you will see Blue Moon on the right side (north) on the east side of the intracoastal.

You got a hotel in a nice neighborhood. It is worth getting a car, but you can walk to a lot of places.

Lauderdale by the Sea: This would be your closest beach, and it is a good beach. There are a lot of parking lots but you will need quarters for the meters, so be prepared. Going east from your hotel on Commercial Blvd, Blue Moon is on the left side and Benihana is on the right side. Blue Moon is expensive but has 2 for 1 lunches during the week. Their food is yummy. I recently went to Aruba and found the menu to have some very creative dishes. I love the Village Grill in Lauderdale by the Sea for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've eaten at 101 Ocean a few times and the food wasn't good. They have a cool bar, though. I think your hotel is less than 2 miles from the beach, as I live a few blocks east of there and it is only one mile. I walk there in 25 minutes, at my snail pace.

Between your hotel and the intracoastal bridge are several other restaurants: Zuckerello's (Italian and seafood), a Greek restaurant that keeps changing owners, the Ambry (German), an Asian restaurant that people love, Pomperdale deli (closed at night), a bar that claims to have the best burgers, Chuck's steakhouse. My favorite of the group is Zuckerello's, for their fish dishes. They have awesome bread and garlic dip.

Perhaps the closest restaurant to you is a block south on Federal Hwy, Bayshore Thai, next to Blockbusters (it's good) and there is a Denny's across the street from your hotel.

Have a great visit to our neighborhood.

Good deal! You really know how to make travel plans...You are welcome!

I forgot to add Umberto's to the list of restaurants between your hotel and the bridge. I love their pizza, it's thin and crispy. They have classic Italian dishes too, but I haven't tried them. It's an old-fashioned neighborhood Italian restaurant.

And speaking of pizza, we just discovered the new Sicilian Oven, in Lighthouse Point, on Federal Hwy. They have delicious brick oven pizza and they have four types of Sicilian wine for just $22 a bottle, and they are all good.

• 1 year later...

Archived