OK everyone...starting 12/1...NEED INPUT

MamaParrotHead

DH and I are cruising 5/22/05 (Carnival Valor). I want to lose ATLEAST 50 pounds:eek: , DH is probably in that same range as well. We did WW Points System with decent success a few years ago (2 month I was down about 26 pounds, and DH even more :mad: , LOL), then I got preggo twice and 2 kids later, it's been ALL downhill (weight-wise, LOL) from there. I have since tried Atkins (could NOT do it) but have heard South Beach is more "user-friendly".

So, the question is...give me pros and cons of WW Points and/or South Beach. Also, where could I go to get an outline and meal ideas/recipes for South Beach (without reading teh whole book...mother of 2 small kids and a professional child care provider by day, who has the TIME for THAT?! ;) ). It's important to us that it's a diet one can actually LIVE on, not be obsessed about missing certain things (like the carb-nazi Atkins that drove me to insanity) BUT still see results within a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks!

Well, I am on the Atkins and it is working for me (everyone to their own), it wasw only difficult the first couple days (but i am not a dessert eater so I understand other's pain with the diet).

WW worked for my mother's friend until she practically turned into an anorexic, very obsessed and restricted by food choices and counting points.
I think the best bet is to add an exercise routine.

If you want to loose as much as 50 lbs you will see the pounds drop off with a brisk 30-1hr walk everday. Cut out eating after 7pm and you will see huge results. My uncle did that and lost 40 lbs in 6 months (remember men loose weight much easier than women so don't let your husband discourage you!!). Also, try and keep healthy snacks in the fridge, I feel the more time I go without eating the more I will tend to pig out and that makes me depressed.

I am sure you can do it!!! Try Dr. Phil's approach to a new healthy lifestyle, that is what I am trying to do while incorporating the Atkins low-carb approach (for faster results, my cruise is in DECEMBER!!),

I know you can do it!!! If you want it you can do it!!! I think exercise is the best bet b/c it makes you feel better and you will loose inches (which shows much more than lbs. in a bikini!!)

I've been on ww and I think it's the best plan out there. It guides you to healthy food choices, helps you adjust your intake if you need due to excersize. (I run marathons and the 1400 calorie plans out there won't cut it during peak training months) I did South Beach and it was fine because I wasn't running much at the time. (recovering from surgery)

I've had success with WW and South Beach. However, I find it easier to follow South Beach. I got tired of counting points, calories, etc. Here is a South Beach web site that I like a lot. It gives you a lot of information that is in the book. Good luck! [url="http://www.mizfrogspad.com/south_beach_diet.htm"]http://www.mizfrogspad.com/south_beach_diet.htm[/url]

I have been on South Beach since early Sept and I have lost 23 lbs. Now I don't want to give full credit to the diet since I have been going to the gym almost every day. I did fall off the wagon the week of the election and had to relose those fews lbs that I gained from my relapse.

I have a loooonnnggg way to go, but I am doing this for my health as well as for the cruise . But, I must admit the crusie is keeping me motivated.

Every morning I have an omelet, then a huge salad for lunch. My favorite treat is the Sugar Free fudgesicle. It helps with the chocolate craving. ( the recipe
from the other post w/ the riccotta cheese is in the SB diet book. )

For dinner I stick with the diet about half the time these days.

Good luck and stay in touch.

Archived