Pool at Howard Johnson in OSJ?

Salsa Dancer

Has anyone stayed at the Howard Johnson in Old San Juan? Can you verify whether there is a pool or not? I looked at the lodging on Entertainmnet.com and it said "Pool" and "pool with waterfall" but the HOJO website doesn't mention this. It might be info error but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks.

There's definitely no pool at the HoJo in Old San Juan. That hotel is in a very old building in the center of town, and many of the rooms don't even have windows:eek:.

There's a pool at the HoJo in Isla Verde, but I don't believe it has waterfalls or any other features of that nature.

We stayed at the HoJo in Old San Juan last week for 2 night prior to our cruise. We thought it was THE BEST place to be. The rates were reasonable (quite NB to us) and it was situated right in the Plaza de Armas. We felt that we were close to everything. We walked to the Fort easily....there was a Walgreen's and a Supermax grocery store right across the square....they had a local artizans market on the Saturday. The hotel is not glamourous, but we felt it was very quaint (no window in our room, but didn't feel we needed one-we were out exploring most of the time). We ate supper at El Danny ( I think) down Fortaleza Street. Godd blend of Mexican/Puerto Rican food. LOVED the whole San Juan experience!!

Archived