Parasailing Nassau,St Thomas or St Maarten??

LounVal

We want to try parasailing for the first time and these are the three islands on our itinerary. Can anyone give any feedback on which island may be the better choice?

.....have only parasailed in St. Thomas. We had a great time doing it there.

:D

wasiii

Out of the 3 places you listed: ST. THOMAS by far is the best place to parasail for your first time.

Marriot / Frenchmans Reef Hotel Resort. A 5 minute taxi ride from the peir. A great resort to hang out at while waiting to parasail. View, workers, everything is out of this world at this place. We've done it here each time we've been to St. Thomas (which is about 7 times).

We've tried Orient Beach St. Maarten and just did it last week in Nassau. 100% go with St. Thomas.

Coronawoman,

How do you set up the parasailing in St. Thomas? Where did you go and how much was it?

Thanks!

Nichole

Here is the phone # to Marriot/Frendmans Reef Phone: 1 340 776 8500 We've either just showed up and said we wanted to do it, and we've also called ahead of time and booked it. Cost was $50.pp and $10. for just a rider in the boat. We've parasailed near Coki Beach and Sapphire Beach, and found the view and sailing so much better at Marriot. Plus this is less than 10 minutes from the peir. In fact we'll be in St. Thomas in October for the week and sailing again at the Marriot. I've convinced my husband to go for the first time (afraid of heights) however it will be our 25th anniversary and he promised, so far that is....LOL.

If you're lucky and the QE2 cruise ship is in port, you get to parasail right next to it, almost feeling like you're right on top of it. My son and I did this once, amazing view from up above.

I honestly don't think you will be disapointed here. The resort is a 5 star resort and gorgous. We usually stay in a villa just down the hill from here.

• 1 year later...
Here is the phone # to Marriot/Frendmans Reef Phone: 1 340 776 8500 We've either just showed up and said we wanted to do it, and we've also called ahead of time and booked it. Cost was $50.pp and $10. for just a rider in the boat. We've parasailed near Coki Beach and Sapphire Beach, and found the view and sailing so much better at Marriot. Plus this is less than 10 minutes from the peir. In fact we'll be in St. Thomas in October for the week and sailing again at the Marriot. I've convinced my husband to go for the first time (afraid of heights) however it will be our 25th anniversary and he promised, so far that is....LOL.

If you're lucky and the QE2 cruise ship is in port, you get to parasail right next to it, almost feeling like you're right on top of it. My son and I did this once, amazing view from up above.

I honestly don't think you will be disapointed here. The resort is a 5 star resort and gorgous. We usually stay in a villa just down the hill from here.

I am going to assume that they will let anyone parasail from the resort, correct? We want to go parasailing the first week in January and we would like to do that in St. Thomas. Is it done through the Marriott, or through a different company?

Archived