Ruby - laundry + dry cleaning question

We2Cruzers

Hi there,

I was wondering if the laundry service on the Ruby is reliable in terms of getting laundry returned next day + do they do a good job of ironing shirts, etc. Also, I think I read somewhere that there was no longer dry cleaning service on some Princess ships. Is that the case for Ruby?

Hi there,

I was wondering if the laundry service on the Ruby is reliable in terms of getting laundry returned next day + do they do a good job of ironing shirts, etc. Also, I think I read somewhere that there was no longer dry cleaning service on some Princess ships. Is that the case for Ruby?

The return time is within 24 hours if you get them in to "Stewart" by 9am the day before.

I don't use the dry cleaning but the laundry on the Ruby was fine. :)

Hi there,

The Ruby did a good job with laundry and the dry cleaning of my husband's suit. We always get expedited service; same day. Otherwise, get your laundry in before 9:00 AM and it will be back approx. 5:00 Pm the following day.

The ships that have no dry cleaning per se' are the Pacific, Tahitian and Royal.

The ships that have no dry cleaning per se' are the Pacific, Tahitian and Royal.

You can add the Ruby to that list. As part of our Ultimate Ship Tour of the Ruby in December, we spent a good deal of time in the laundry facilities and got quite a thorough talk from the head of the service. Among many other things, he pointed out that the Ruby does not offer traditional dry cleaning due to the harsh and environmentally unfriendly chemicals required. However, they do offer an equivalent that he swore was just as good if not better (while being "greener".)

As a side note, they pointed out any number of innovations that were newly introduced on the Ruby (and which will be coming to other ships in the line) to make them more environmentally friendly.

In addition, he showed us a number of new laundry devices on the Ruby, including an amazing shirt pressing machine and an amazing monstrosity that folded all the large items like sheets and towels.

You can add the Ruby to that list. As part of our Ultimate Ship Tour of the Ruby in December, we spent a good deal of time in the laundry facilities and got quite a thorough talk from the head of the service. Among many other things, he pointed out that the Ruby does not offer traditional dry cleaning due to the harsh and environmentally unfriendly chemicals required. However, they do offer an equivalent that he swore was just as good if not better (while being "greener".)

As a side note, they pointed out any number of innovations that were newly introduced on the Ruby (and which will be coming to other ships in the line) to make them more environmentally friendly.

In addition, he showed us a number of new laundry devices on the Ruby, including an amazing shirt pressing machine and an amazing monstrosity that folded all the large items like sheets and towels.

Very interesting. Thanks for the new info.

Archived