WHere to stay Waikiki with kitchen

emste

We will be staying in Oahu for a week after out cruise. We are looking for a place that is nice, at a reasonable rate, has a kitchen in the room and is close to Waikiki beach. Any suggestions? My brain is swirling from all the websites I have looked at. THanks!

The Ilima Hotel not only had a full kitchen, it also had laundry facilities on site and free parking. It overlooks the Ala Wai Canal and is a short two blocks from the beach.

Although the web site listed the best rate at $133/night, I called direct to reserve and got a rate of $125/night. I had booked the cheapest room and expected to get floor 4 or 5. I was assigned the 16th floor overlooking the Ala Wai Canal with a golf course on the other side. The room and its view were incredible. This place was another CC posters tip. We loved it. The room was huge and along with the full kitchen, it boasted a dinette. The balcony was something you had to see to believe. It was quite expansive. It was a two block walk to the beach right by our favorite restaurant -- Duke's Canoe Club.

If you cringe at the retro look, you might be put off by the South Beach 60s ambiance, but the place is lovingly maintained and the staff is warm and personable. This isn't a chain-owned hotel, but a locally owned hotel that makes its guests feel treasured.

Archived